Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You are loved ~ Send refrigerator magnet

what wonderful news Lisa, i pray and hope with all my being, she will get through this ,thanks for letting us know.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom View Post
    I love her board. I hope God decides to let her stay a lot longer than the doctors predicted.

Rhoda is loving proving the doctor's wrong. She's still fighting and her goal is to live until the results are announced in March for the new Shelter Challenge http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=170014

Here's an update I received a yesterday.

Chemotherapy has been stopped permanently. It was taking my white blood cells to the danger level. I will be kept alive now with periodic blood transfusions. Platelets are a risk according to the oncologist. And eventually blood transfusions will affect my liver and spleen. I was only supposed to live for three to four months and it has now been over four months. I am truly blessed and the power of prayer is evident each day of my life.

Currently, I don't feel as though I'm dying. My bones hurt a lot and the muscles in my arms and shoulders seem to be affected by something but the doctor doesn't know what, and I am quite tired. Other than that, I feel pretty darned upbeat and I'm going to stay this way as long as I'm conscious to the best of my ability.

I feel that I am receiving so many blessings here on earth these past few months that when I do die there won't be anything left for me in Heaven. I cannot explain it - why I feel this way - but I'm blessed beyond words. I don't know what to say anymore. Thank you's aren't enough. I am unable to express my heart. And you have been such a big part of this. Your picture is still on my dining room wall, along with Susan Boyle's and everyone who comes into my home wants to know who you are, because on the printout of your picture I have written "Lisa - A Very Special Lady".
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Tell her we are all pulling for her, some of us like proving doctors wrong! Why, my very existence - and Lady's Human's too - was once thought impossible, according to mother's docs, and here we are!
    I've Been Frosted

I felt a big lump in my throat and tears welling up in my eyes just reading that, she is right LISA you are one very special lady for sure, i hope with all my heart Rhoda can stay on earth for a lot longer and beat her illness, she also sounds a wonderful person,do you know if she got the fridge magnets ?hoping so.

Bless her and all her loved ones,hoping with all my heart she is doing better and can recover from this.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Such good news! That last paragraph made me tear up, as well. I'm so glad that she's feeling such blessings and peace with her illness. I don't know if I'd be able to do that. I hope she can keep proving the doctors wrong.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'm still thinking of Rhoda, and hoping that she still fighting!

I'm sorry but I didn't pay attention to this earlier. Can I still send some?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    I'm sorry but I didn't pay attention to this earlier. Can I still send some?
    That's what I'd love to know too!! I bet she would love a Belgian magnet
    If yes, please send me her address
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Your prayer and magnets are working! Rhoda went to see her Oncologist yesterday.....

He said I don't have to see him for another three months. I said, "you think I'll still be here." He said, "you are strong woman. I do think you will be based on what has transpired so far."
    In addition, the shelter where she volunteers has arranged for the author of Homer's Odyssey http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...omer-s-Odyssey and her husband to attend their annual Ties and Tails fundraiser in October.

If I missed anyone wanting to send her a fridge magnet, please let me know.

that is fantastic news, i am so happy to read this, my thoughts and prayers are with you Rhonda,all the best for a speedy recovery...
    Furangels only lent.

I sent Rhoda a Valentine's card last month and then a St. Patrick's Day card this month. Last week she sent me back a lovely Winnie the Pooh Thank-You card with the most beautiful messages, both printed on the card and the one she'd written inside.

God bless her! And thank you, Lisa, for the updates.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Rhoda was given 6 weeks when she was diagnosed. She has fought for 10 months.

She is surrounded by her loving family and the doctor gives her a day or 2 at the most. She is on morphine and having trouble breathing.

Thank you to all who sent her magnets and encouragement.

I'm attaching a silly photo of Rhoda. She went out and bought this hat when she lost her hair from chemo. Name:  Goofy Rhoda.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  24.2 KB

Love and God's peace and blessings to Rhoda,

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

She will be in our prayers. And tell her I love her hat!
    I've Been Frosted

(((((hugs))))