Thread: New Kitten!!!

New Kitten!!!

HEY GUYS I JUST NEED SOME LAST MINUTE TIPS. SOME PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME U FEED A KITTEN TWICE A DAY. IS THAT TRUE. MY LAST KITTEN(BEFORE SHE DECIDED TO GO FERAL) ATE WHENEVER SHE WANTED TO CAUSE I LEFT FOOD OUT ALL DAY. AND HOW SOON CAN HE/SHE BE FIXED. ITS AN PRPHAN KITTY WHOS MOTHER'S WHEREABOUTS IS UNKNOWN. TOMARROW IS THE BIG DAY.
    ~ratfully urs, sujei

She can be safely fixed if she is at least 3 lbs and over 8 weeks old.

Its important for kittens to eat several times a day. I usually free fed my foster kittens who are eating on their own. If they're bottle babies, then I feed them every 2 hours. I'm assuming this one is older though. I would say to just leave food out all the time but make sure there's not an overeating problem .. most cats won't do that though!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Congratulations on your new baby! I agree with Aly and would free feed unless your vet instructs otherwise.

You may free feed but if you decide not to, then feed her 3 taimes a day until at least 6 months and then 2 timnes a day is OK. My vet likes to wait until 6 months to neuter, but I know that they have been doing it sooner at other vet hospitals. A very hearty congratulaions on your new arrival.

sujei, I agree with the others. Keep a dish of kitten chow filled and ready at all times, and a clean litterbox near where she/he stays or eats. Kittens will progresseively explore any new premises. (Be sure that you keep her inside the house, and monitor where it is especially when you open a door to go outside.) Also, that they will sleep around in different places, until they are about 3 months old. This may cause alarm because it is difficult to keep tract of where she is at any given afternoon nap. Handle her when she is awake, and play with her using cat toys or whatever she wants. May I suggest, that if you are getting her a little later than the date of this post, that you check the litter for the most affectionate kitten. This is done by holding the kitten and caressing her paws. Check her reaction to this kind of affection. If she rebells at this, then the cat may not be very affectionate.

..........wayne

Congrats on your new kitten. I would also feed him/her 3 times a day or free feed. When I adopted Pepper he was already neutered and he was only 9 weeks old. Sunny was neutered at 6 months and I don't know how old Storm was. Good luck.

Congratulations and good luck!

Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

new kitty

new babies are so fun! enjoy your new little one!

arwen

i got the little demon and she is adorable. arwen is a gray,tan,black stipped kitten. the lady i got her from started her on wet food but ive phased that out except right before i go to sleep cause she still prefers tHat. thnx for all the advice.
    ~ratfully urs, sujei

Yippee and welcome! Can you explain how your kitten's name is pronounced? I like to get it right, even in my mind. Plus, aren't you missing something special for us???

arwen. its pronounced ARE- WIN. and i know i should get some pics on but i dont know how. if anyone knows how plz tell me. she's such a cutie. she deserves to be shone off lol.
    ~ratfully urs, sujei