View Poll Results: Is catnapper guilty of aboos?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty! Kitties deserve food when they want it!

1 3.85%
  • Not Guilty! Those kitties would not look so content is they were aboosed

16 61.54%
  • Not Guilty: Those kitties should have been cut off from food a long time ago

6 23.08%
  • Hung Jury.

3 11.54%

Thread: Be the Judge and Jury

Be the Judge and Jury

The cats in my household are claiming to be abused. They say that they are receiving cruel and unusal punishment when they have done no wrong.

Well, they HAVE been bad, but I'm guilty for making them that way -- they all have gotten overly "fluffy"

Exhibit A - Harry is looking like he could play a pumpkin this Halloween

I switched their food from store bought food to prescription to help out my three crystal guys. The other four are going along for the new food ride. In addition to the new food, I am reducing the number of feedings a day. They no longer get fed when I wake up, nor do they get fed when I come home from work. They really only ate because it was routine, and Callie ended up eating half of what was left.

Next post will contain the Prosecution's argument

But everybody is screaming about aboose. They want a trial. So they agreed to allowing me plead both our cases and let PTers make the verdict and recommend a sentence if I am found guilty.

Dear members of PT, we are the kitties of catnapper's household. We put up with a lot in our lives.... a big crazy dog and a hyper 5 year old are our main stressors in life. We turn to food as a comfort. We look forward to our daily feedings. We have learned to bond with the hyper 5 year old simply because he gives us treats. Now the defendant wants to take that away from us? Wouldn't that be the definition of cruel?

We also feel neglected. If anything, the defendant is guilty of gross neglegence. She hears our pleas of hunger. She sees our earnest looks of absolute starvation. Yet she chooses to ignore our plight on a daily basis.

Yes, we have gotten a little round. Hasn't everybody? We purrsonally feel round and fluffy kitties are very sttractive and we should not be discriminated against.

Please, find it in your hearts to render a guilty verdict and give us our food back. Thank you.

Dear friends, you have heard a very heartfelt story from the Prosecution. what they did not point out is the fact that the cats are not hungry. They often beg for food when there is already food left in their bowl from the begging session hours earlier. Whatever bowls the "crazy dog" (as they so called my sweet Callie) can get, she will knock off the table and eat herself.

They also forget to mention that on a daily basis, they are happy, loved, and well cared for. The following photos are marked for your consideration

Exhibit Mikey A

Exhibit Mikey B

Exhibit Pouncer A

Exhibit Pouncer B

Exhibit Harry

Exhibit Abby

Exhibit Trixie

Exhibit Mystic

Exhibit Flutter

Ladies and gentleman of the jury, I hope you see the photos for what they are: photos of happy and content cats. There is absolutely no aboos. I am confident you will render a not guilty verdict. Thank you

I am afraid my dear kitties I cannot see too much abuse. And Harry- I remember when you were a baby- I am sure you can go back to being a handsome and slender young man. Just imagine how much more mischief you can create once you lose a little of that fluff

You have a lovely bunch of kitties! I remember when you brought Mikey, Mystic & Trixie into the group. I think they're all boo-tiful (as your signature states).

Jingle Belle is a fluffy kitty, too. She's always been bigger, she doesn't eat more than Charlie (he, in fact, eats a lot more than she does but he looks so much thinner!) but she is just a fluffy kitty. My vet said some kitties are just fluffy.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Well I don't see any abuse at all. All I see are happy and content cats. I also have to watch my Ziggy's weight and I just tell her that she's on a permanent diet and it's for her own good because I love her and I want her to live a long happy and healthy life. I think that portion control is needed and what they don't finish needs to be put away for later. They'll soon learn to eat everything you give them each time. Good luck.

What a neat way to post pics in a thread! Very creative!

Ahem, dear kitties in Catnapper's House: if you are allowed to get any rounder, THAT will be the aboose!!!!!

I was startled to read you won't feed them when you get up in the morning. They ALLOW that? Gosh, mine are jumping all over me, the dogs and the bed, pawing at me to get up and feed them! Not sure how you manage that, but if you do, LET ME KNOW! LOL

Cats in the wild are not foragers. They only eat "fresh kill." In this house, if the food has been in the bowl more than 6 hours, it is "stale" and cannot be eaten. Trick: put 4 or 5 fresh kibbles in your hand, stir the stuff in the bowl and add those 4 or 5. This releases the aroma! It will save you money as you won't be throwing out "stale" kibbles. Been doing this for over a year, lol. Oops, better not let the Prosecution read this paragraph!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I was startled to read you won't feed them when you get up in the morning. They ALLOW that? Gosh, mine are jumping all over me, the dogs and the bed, pawing at me to get up and feed them! Not sure how you manage that, but if you do, LET ME KNOW! LOL
    This is easy because hubby gets up an hour before me to feed them. He usually has Mystic and Flutter crawling all over him I would give them a small snack when I got up because they all asked for food like they were starving... and the funny thing was that there was almost always still fresh food in it from hubby just an hour or so earlier. Then the dog would knock the bowls over and eat the leftovers. I think about 20% of my cat food went to Callie's tummy

And to be fair, Harry is a big boy, but that has to be the most unflattering photo. He's not that much of a pudge. Harry is the only one the vet "yells" at me for. Mikey and Poncer are borderline pudge. Trixie is fluffy because of fluffy hair - though she IS a huge piggy. Abby, Flutter, Mystic are all a good weight per the vet.

Oh kitties, mama knows excess weight can lead to all sorts of problems or kitties, like diabetes, pancreatitis and heart troubles, and she just wants what's best for you! It's not really aboose - after all, you wouldn't want to have to be stuck with a needle every day just to feel better, would you?
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Kitties win - hands down!!! They should get what they want, and when they want it, with no questions asked! Perhaps dear kitties, you should speak to Moff's Chip - he will definitely show you all the ways to get attention. The trick here is to keep you well fed, fat and happy - and too lazy to get into any kind of serious mischief like he does. What better way than the never empty food bowl?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    This is easy because hubby gets up an hour before me to feed them. He usually has Mystic and Flutter crawling all over him

Ah, now I get it. Whew, thought I was missing a way to get more sleep! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Ah, now I get it. Whew, thought I was missing a way to get more sleep! LOL
    Funny thing is when hubby is not home, somehow I sleep through the feeding time and get up at my normal time. The cats are all staring at me like "FINALLY!!! We did everything we could think of to wake you up!"

I think it has more to do with the fact that I do not do mornings. Maybe kitties have figured out I am not coherent enough in the morning to effectively feed them. I once poured fresh litter into each bowl. I also tend to get up on the morning and have been known to bump into walls. Seriously. I bump into walls.

Dear kitties, I think your mum is doing the right thing by feeding you the best possible diet. I would not want you to be either overweight or underweight, or to have problems with urinary tract crystals. You look very happy, content and beautiful! Please have your mum give you some hugs, kisses and snuggles for me.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hi fellow kitties,
    I'm looking over the evidence as well as both sides to this issue. Keep your cell phones on, I'll be contacting you for more details.
    Very often the aboose is very clear but in your case there are other things we need to consider. Please feel free to call me on my cell phone anytime.
    I'll be in touch later this afternoon.

Your friend,
    Groucho the Lawyer
    Practice Limited to Kitty Krimes and Aboose
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE