Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawn etiquete

Lawn etiquete

When you are walking your dog in a neighborhood how do you keep them from peeing on lawns? At least when she poops I can pick it up and take it with me...
    C:\Documents and Settings\Ronald  Dickie\My Documents\dogs\New Folder\dog2\lilybelle.jpg[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Of course, 2 of mine will only pee on grass. I try to keep them in the 4 foot edge which is city property.

And w/ boys, I know they love vertical stuff, for marking. I keep an eye out, and let them use utility poles and stop signs but not trees. ALL the boys mark the same places, so over time a huge yellow spot will develop.

Well, Lily kind of likes to pee everywhere . I never really thought it was rude to have her pee on other's lawns... I mean other people let their dogs pee on our lawn and it doesn't bother me... Poop on the other hand, is something everyone should definitely pick up. I hate going outside and finding a big pile of poop that is almost bigger than Lily. I know she didn't do it!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

New sign:

Piddle happenz

I agree with Bri ^. I never even thought that a dog peeing on our lawn was offensive. Doesn't bother me at all. We had a woman that walked her chocolate lab (off leash ) and let her "go" where ever she wanted. And the woman never picked up after her.
    My own neighbors will pick up after their dog if she goes on our lawn. And I'd do the same.
    But if you don't like it then try to train her to go on command where you want her to go. Bruce's RB Cocker Spaniel would go on command. The two we have now....not so much.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I don't keep my dogs from peeing on anyone's lawn

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

It is not that I want to keep my dog from peeing on anyone's lawn.... it is that as I walk my dog in my neighborhood, there are some people that come outside to tell me .."don't let your dog pee on my lawn!".... I just never know where she is going to squat and go.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Ronald  Dickie\My Documents\dogs\New Folder\dog2\lilybelle.jpg[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon_FL View Post
    It is not that I want to keep my dog from peeing on anyone's lawn.... it is that as I walk my dog in my neighborhood, there are some people that come outside to tell me .."don't let your dog pee on my lawn!".... I just never know where she is going to squat and go.
    That's kind of dumb. I mean, if your dog pees on their lawn once, it's not going to ruin their whole lawn . And it's not your fault if she does, you can't control her bladder/emotinos!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Yeah, just tell folks - "Hey. she's helping water your grass, don't worry about it!"
    I've Been Frosted

We have several folks like that in this neighborhood as well -- and more than half of them HAVE DOGS!

If you are walking the dog on a leash, you can keep them from squatting and move them along - I do that, which is how I get them to the city part of the grass.

It does kill grass over a period of time. Mikey peed in one spot for over 2 weeks and it turned brown and the grass died. That's how my parents discovered I was letting him pee wherever when I took him out late at night.

As for Mikey, I usually let him pee wherever, of course not on lawn ornaments and the like but even if it's just on the lawn. I know people in my neighborhood do it ALL the time. It doesn't bother me. Mikey has sometimes picked up his leg on cars before though, and thank goodness nothing came out! If someone is standing outside I make him pee on the little patch of grass like Freedom, which is where he usually pees anyway.

All my dogs were large dogs except one so I always trained them to go on command. As pups if they showed signs of wanting to pee somewhere other than their own yard then I would just move them along with a firm NO.... I know some people hate it if you let your dog pee on their lawn so I found it easier to train mine not to do it. Dog pee will turn grass brown and kill it after a few times the dog pees on it.
    When we went for a walk I always made them go in their yard before leaving.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I actually never thought about this as a problem either But then again, in my home country people usually fence off their lawns (it really seems to be an American thing to have unfenced front lawns, heh) so I never had to think about it back then. And while living here in the U.S. I've only lived in apartment communities and, well, the lawns kinda belong to all of us renting an apartment I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    Dog pee will turn grass brown and kill it after a few times the dog pees on it.
    That's more true for female dogs than male, and only if they go in the same spot each time - like Alysser mentioned Mikey was doing - for two weeks, even! And when it rains so much, like it has been here lately, the rain dilutes it pretty quickly!
    I've Been Frosted

I don't let my dogs walk on other people's lawns. They don't control the walk, I do.

*Thanks Ashley*