Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flavor Poll

Flavor Poll

Just curious, as Peppermint seems to be something people either love or hate!

How do you feel about peppermint-flavored things?

Just okay at Christmas? Prefer cinnamon? Hate it no matter the season?

Are there flavors that most people like that you despise?
    I've Been Frosted

I like it okay any time of the year, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get some.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I like it! I like mint chocolate chip ice cream ... a splash of peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate ... York peppermint patties ... yes to peppermint for me!

Most of my family doesn't like black jelly beans, but I do. I'm not as big a fan of pumpkin (for example, pumpkin spice latte) as others.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    There are the Hershey chocolate peppermint candy canes that are good. There is a chocolate peppermint bar I make year round for special occasions or hosting some groups I belong to. Peppermint creamer is good in the coffee. I guess I do like peppermint in almost any thing any time of year. It also seems to sooth the stomach.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I like it for the most part - candy canes or hard candy peppermints - good for soothing an upset tummy. Among other favorite varieties - peppermint patties, thin mint (Girl Scout) cookies, meltaway after dinner mints. Don't care for mint in ice cream or mint in drinks tho. HATE mint jelly -NASTY!

Most hated flavor that most people love - TEA. Even the smell of it in any form makes my tummy do flip-flops. The SMELL of hot tea is the worst - don't know how people can actually swallow it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Peppermint is good anytime of year!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Peppermint = YUM! Does that answer you? However, I find it is more a smell than a flavor. Love peppermint ice cream and any way at all, really, but it is the smell which works for me.

I did not like the pumpkin flavoring Dunkin Donuts had this year. It was just yucky. I do usually like pumpkin, so I'm not sure what they DID to it!

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Most hated flavor that most people love - TEA. Even the smell of it in any form makes my tummy do flip-flops. The SMELL of hot tea is the worst - don't know how people can actually swallow it.
    Did you have some childhood incident where you were force-fed tea or something? Just curious! That turned out to be why my brother-in-law hated coffee - when he was a kid he ate something he shouldn't have, I don;t remember what, so they force-fed him burned toast and black coffee until he threw up whatever it was! It wasn't until discussing it years later that he made the connection, and realized why he only likes ihis toast very very lightly toasted!
    I've Been Frosted

I am not a fan of any kind of mint (peppermint, spearmint, mint). I also do not like cinnamon or any of those kinds of spices. I do not like pumpkin, and usually because of the spices used in it.
    Sometimes when leaving a restaurant they have mints out and I will grab one. But rarely.

As for the subject of tea.............can't drink it. I am not a fan of hot drinks anyway. If I am freezing I would drink hot chocolate, that's all.
    And I LOVE the smell of coffee beans. Call me crazy! But I do not like to drink coffee. I can stand in the coffee isle at the grocery store (if they still HAD them!) for ever!
    But my favorite ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery is Coffee Lovers Only.

Yes, I am a strange one.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Just curious, as Peppermint seems to be something people either love or hate!

How do you feel about peppermint-flavored things?

Just okay at Christmas? Prefer cinnamon? Hate it no matter the season?

Are there flavors that most people like that you despise?
    I love mint flavors and cinnamon flavors. I prefer the flavoring to be mild rather than intense.

I love tea, the actual tea plant, but I am allergic, so I can only drink herbal teas, aka infusions.

I love the smell of coffee beans, esp cold, and when it is brewing. but I think we overcook it. It tastes horrible.

I have an emotional aversion to oatmeal, esp in cookies. I like oatmeal as a cereal, but not in baking. When I was a teenager I was baking some chocolate chip cookies for my friends and myself. My mother in one of her cruel moments, interrupted me, and substituted a cup of oatmeal for a cup of flour. I supposed the cookies were okay if you wanted oatmeal cookies, but that's not what we wanted. I haven't eaten an oatmeal cookie to this day.
    I'm not a fan of butterscotch.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Mint I can only really abide in drinks, or in a savoury sense, such as in a sauce. Moroccan mint tea and mojitos are heavenly. I can just about manage a peppermint chocolate after a meal, but wouldn't choose to eat several in one sitting!

When I was younger, I couldn't stand cinnamon. It was how I imagined powdered trees would taste (I know it is actually tree bark!). Now I don't mind it, possibly as a result of using cinnamon sticks in Asian and North African recipes once I started to cook for myself. I still wouldn't choose a cinnamon doughnut over, say, a chocolate one, but I have become a lot less fussy about it in recent years.

I like spicy and Oriental flavours, or anything salty, like feta cheese and capers. I could eat a diet consisting exclusively of olives and vegetarian antipasti for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Did you have some childhood incident where you were force-fed tea or something?
    Absolutely correct. My mother thought that tea was a cure-all for whatever ailed you - and having an upset tummy called for hot tea. All it made me do, was barf. Is it any wonder why I can't even stand the smell of it???

However - I LOVE the smell of coffee - beans/ground//brewing/or brewed. I like the taste also, but seldom drink it, since I prefer cold drinks. I do drink some iced coffee in the hot weather tho.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

When I saw your post, Karen, I immediately thought of chewing gum. I preferred Spearmint rather than Peppermint. I also don't like the mint flavour in tea, hard candy or toothpaste, but I do like a few "After Eight" and other quality mint chocolades. Oh, I do like mint jelly on lamb.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Absolutely correct. My mother thought that tea was a cure-all for whatever ailed you - and having an upset tummy called for hot tea. All it made me do, was barf. Is it any wonder why I can't even stand the smell of it
    Gee, was she perhaps British? That completely explains it!

Thankfully, when I was sick as a kid, Dad's cure all - Ma's too, but I remember him preparing it for some reason, was orange juice and ginger ale, and plain Saltines. And it did make me feel better, every time! Now as an adult, I know it is the ginger than has anti-nausea properties, but that's okay I still like the combination!

It is also a good "mixed drink" to order if you are out with friend, and don't want to have the, "What do you mean you don't drink? Why not?" conversation, and adding a bit of cranberry juice makes it look exotic!
    I've Been Frosted

Gee, was she perhaps British? That completely explains it!

Thankfully, when I was sick as a kid, Dad's cure all - Ma's too, but I remember him preparing it for some reason, was orange juice and ginger ale, and plain Saltines. And it did make me feel better, every time! Now as an adult, I know it is the ginger than has anti-nausea properties, but that's okay I still like the combination!

It is also a good "mixed drink" to order if you are out with friend, and don't want to have the, "What do you mean you don't drink? Why not?" conversation, and adding a bit of cranberry juice makes it look exotic!
    Yup - British she was. Dad was the Italian. And after the battle with hot tea failed miserably time after time - she went with ginger ale and saltines. Much more acceptable to me, tho it was always golden ginger ale. To this day, I'm not overly fond of the golden, tho I really like the pale dry.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013