Thread: ? for old timers,

? for old timers,

years ago there was a book mentioned here, about feral cats that all lived together outside of a town. and the top dog, er a cat, did most of the talking. can anyone remember the name of it? they maybe lived at a dump, land fill. they all talked about their past lives with people. i know pretty lame info, but someone may know it.
    thanks in advance Katz
    and hello to all the old timers !

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I'll ponder that, but welcome back in the meantime!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi Karen. It was a book about a feral colony living in the outskirts of a town. And of course all the cats talked.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I don't remember the book you mention, but I'd love to read it.

Have you tried doing a search in the "book" threads? Hope someone can come up with the title of it.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh yes, I LOVE the Warrior series! I've read all of them!

Even though they are written for teens, they are fantastic! Lots of research went into the books, to make them realistic. The only 2 things the author takes liberties with: the cats talk, and the cats mate for life. Can't have teens reading about the true cat multiple matings, lol!

Here is a link, I suggest you read them in order for proper character development! I found them through my library.

http://www.warriorcats.com/books.html

Enjoy!

Thanks for the links. I'll try to get my library to order them, if they don't have them. Seems they'll be perfect for bed time reading.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I was going to say the Warrior Series but some got there first. We like that series as wel, and I thnk of My Cat Angels having a community like that too.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

the book wasnt a series. it was about trying to be top dog or top cat , they used to be pets. they could see homes and remembered how it was inside. there was fighting to be top cat.
    but i did get on hole for all the above mentioned book at the library, so thank you all so much.
    katz

I'm still thinking it's Tailchaser's Song.

This is NOT the book you want, but may enjoy instead -- Shirley Rousseau Murphy's The Catswold Portal. It's a fantasy series about an underworld Werecat race that could access the outer (our) world via a portal/doorway in a garden? I kind of remember that they needed to go to war with the outer world or that they came to the outer world for support during a civil war?? It's been too long, but I found it intriguing. This apparently triggered her cozy mystery series where the two main detectives are a Tom cat named Joe Gray and his beloved tabby, Dulsie. Both are sentient cats who are interested in right/wrong and can speak and read. They call in tips to the frustrated Chief of police -- it's a struggle to keep their skills mum. They live in an imaginary town based on Carmel, California and set in a similar location. The first title in the series is "Cat on the Edge". Joe has just learned of his skills and is struggling to figure out what's going on when he witnesses a murder and has to run for his life...

Just for fun are any of the books about her pets by Doreen Tovey. She and her husband lived in the Cotswold (?) area of England in the 50s - 70s and she wrote of their adventures with a series of Siamese cats, a donkey, a squirrel, and several other animals along the way.

So not at all the book you were looking for, but good reads anyway.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLee View Post
    This is NOT the book you want, but may enjoy instead -- Shirley Rousseau Murphy's The Catswold Portal. It's a fantasy series about an underworld Werecat race that could access the outer (our) world via a portal/doorway in a garden? I kind of remember that they needed to go to war with the outer world or that they came to the outer world for support during a civil war?? It's been too long, but I found it intriguing. This apparently triggered her cozy mystery series where the two main detectives are a Tom cat named Joe Gray and his beloved tabby, Dulsie. Both are sentient cats who are interested in right/wrong and can speak and read. They call in tips to the frustrated Chief of police -- it's a struggle to keep their skills mum. They live in an imaginary town based on Carmel, California and set in a similar location. The first title in the series is "Cat on the Edge". Joe has just learned of his skills and is struggling to figure out what's going on when he witnesses a murder and has to run for his life...

Just for fun are any of the books about her pets by Doreen Tovey. She and her husband lived in the Cotswold (?) area of England in the 50s - 70s and she wrote of their adventures with a series of Siamese cats, a donkey, a squirrel, and several other animals along the way.

So not at all the book you were looking for, but good reads anyway.

I have read all of Murphy's books to date including Catswold Portal and enjoyed them immensely. She has a new coming out in November ... however, if you can't find them in your library try Amazon or Abebooks.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I didn't know there was a new Joe Gray mystery coming! Happy day!

I just reread my post: Sorry, Catswold Portal is a stand-alone book, not part of a series. I was half asleep typing my post last night.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/