Thread: Anyone Organic?

Hybrid View

Anyone Organic?

About 2 months ago I watched a documentary called Food Inc. I was sideswiped with information about food! My other half and myself changed our diet to totally organic. After the adjustment and lots of research, going organic was a brand new way to look t the world! Are there any PTers that eat organic? What made you go organic?
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Personally I think we are all organic lifeforms! The only other choice is inorganic, and that would leave us unable to think or post!
    I've Been Frosted

Most of my diet is organically grown.....there are times i can't find what i want grown organically, so a little is conventional. During the summer it is not too much of a problem with the farmer's markets.....winter can be more of a problem. Basically, I strive to eat organically.

Thanks to PCB!

Quote Originally Posted by Lillycat View Post
    Most of my diet is organically grown.....there are times i can't find what i want grown organically, so a little is conventional. During the summer it is not too much of a problem with the farmer's markets.....winter can be more of a problem. Basically, I strive to eat organically.
    Have you heard about the green polka dot box program? Look it up! It's pretty much an online organic food store that ships directly to your home.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I've been buying only organic milk and some other products that Laura eats/drinks a lot of. I read about the hormones that are given to cows (to increase milk production), even in the US and it passes on into the milk. It was scary to read. In many countries the amount of hormones they inject is unregulated and they have children going through puberty at a very young age (elemetary school and younger). Fortunately we have regulations here even though you just can't be too careful.

.....thanks lute, yes i know there are a few "delivery" options out there.....we have green bean delivery here.....but it still is not fresh, fresh, i don't think unless in the summer time..and in the summer time i visit/utilize the local farmers markets......i do shop at Fresh Market, their delivery time from farm to store is not too bad.....surely much better than in many of the chain "big box" markets, so tend to shop there during the months when the local farms are not producing. This is for fruits/veggies. I don't eat meat, as a rule, so that is not a problem.

Thanks to PCB!