Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're on our way

We're on our way

We are about to leave to start our Journey to Disney World. Hannah is still sleeping. I'm going to go in and pick her up and carry her right out to the van once we are ready to go.

The dogs are not happy. Beezer is such a mopey boy right now and he won't leave our sides. not even to go out and pee.

we packed up the van last night. just had to get the cooler packed this morning and toiletries. Now we are finishing a cup of coffee and then we are outta here

We will be back with LOTS of pics

but if you could all spare some prayers for safe travelling today we would appreciate it

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Oh my, definitely prayers for safe travel, a fun filled vacation and safe return as well.

Have a great time and a SAFE trip.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers for a safe trip. Have fun and we'll be waiting on pics!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Have an amazing time! The ride there kinda bites but just think of where you'll be in a few days!

We are already in South Carolina . The plan is to stop in georgia. The good thoughts are working. Its been a very smooth drive.... Other than the ear infection i am getting

We are safely at the hotel in Savannah, GA.

We have a "studio" suite. So Hannah gets to sleep on a pull out bed and she LOVES it. LOL "Oh wow, my own SPECIAL bed!" She's easy as pie.

Tanya is at a Walk In clinic getting her ear looked at. Im sure she will offer a report when she is back.

Thanks for the vibes/prayers. Props to the big Dog upstairs for the safe travel today. Asking for more tomorrow please.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Blog Entries
    More safe travel thoughts & prayers being sent. Mickey & Minny Mouse are waiting for you at Disney World.

Happy and Safe Trip wishes for you.

And have a GREAT time at Disney World!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

What a crappy turn of events....

Our house sitter is MIA. Dogs are at home by themselves. A co-worker of mine is bailing us out on that front. We hope. I'm freaking 700 miles away from home.... ONCE in a lifetime vacation that just might be the last chance to spend time with my dad.

Just heard from Co-Worker. He got to my home and the house sitter is totally MIA. ****. He will take the dogs to the kennel tomorrow. Beezer will be a freaking basket case. He was abused as a pup and has kennel issues.

What would you do? This could very well be the last chance I ever get to be with my Dad. Beezer will get over it, we hope.

Top it off... Hannah has a 100 degree fever.

God, I know you never give us more than we can handle. I know the end game here will be a good lesson, it always is. Please let this be the end of the lesson.

This is REALLY testing my ability to trust.... Ugh.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I'm so sorry to hear of this.

Are Hannah's symptoms the same as Tanya's?

AS for the dogs, some vet techs will house sit critters. What about your vet and his/her techs? At least your co-worker is helping you.

I can understand your feelings. Sending prayers that things turn around and all are feeling healthy so that you can see your dad.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh no.... I am so sorry to hear about all of this, I can only imagine how upsetting and frustrating this is to all of you. Prayers coming your way, as well as for the pups.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Maybe they can give your pup something to relax and I bet Hannah will bounce right back tomorrow, nightime is always the worst for the fevers.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Woot. It was the end of the lesson.

Crisis averted. Everyone is OK, even Hannah seems to be OK right now. Update later. Long story.

Thanks everybody for the prayers. As always, they worked.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Holy smokes. Last night couldn't have gone any worse. What an insane night.

First the dog sitter was totally Missing In Action. we could not find her, could not get a hold of her. Nothing. We were FREAKING out. Panic ensued lol. Luckily Brian called a friend and had him go over to the house to be with the dogs until we figured out what to do. We were just going ot have him drop the dogs at the kennel today (Sunday) even though that was not what we wanted to do with the dogs but it was our only choice.

Then Hannah started running a fever and her cough seemed to be getting worse.

I ended up at urgent care with a nasty ear infection. Doc says I have an upper resp infection and he's surprised I say I don't have any other symptoms lol he said I had an elevated temp, congestion when he listened to my breathing and my glands are pretty swollen and now... a very painful ear infection. The infection is in the ear canal itself and it's so swollen I can hardly hear.

but one night makes all the difference....

The dog sitter called at 11:30 apologizing profusely. She was out of town this past week with her family (which I knew) and she had a bad reaction to medication and her face swelled up and she was rushed to the hospital and kept there for a few days and she didn't have a way to get a hold of me. but she is OK and she was at the house and the dogs were very happy to see her and everything is back to normal on that front.

Hannah's fever has been down all night. back to normal temp and she didn't cough once all night so hopefully she will be fine.

I got antibiotics and hopefully they will start kicking in ASAP because my ear is KILLING me.

But in the end.... we arrive at DISNEY today all's well that ends well