Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite part of fall?

Favorite part of fall?

Fall is approaching. It's getting cooler, some of the leaves are changing!

What are your favorite parts of the Fall season?
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Its still 90 degrees here but I love fall....everything about it! I start making soups and lighting candles and stay at home socks...i could go on and on....but mostly I like the cooler temps.
    !
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I have to say living here in Pennsylvania in the fall, I love the leaves changing color. I have always thought to myself every fall...the leaves are dying but they are changing color and becoming more beautiful. Hidden meaning here?

I drive over the mountain and through the country to work every day and it is just breath-taking.

I can't decided if fall or spring is my favorite season.

It isn't really cooler here yet (going to be 106° on Wednesday... yuck!) but my favorite part of Fall is the cool mornings. I love the cool air in the mornings.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    The cooler weather, and being able to wear sweatshirts again - my favorite attire since retirement, and being able to turn off the a.c. I love the changing color of the leaves too, but hate the mess when they "Fall". Love being able to get back to baking again, since I don't do any thru the heat of the summer.
    We've had Fall weather this weekend with temps below normal, but it's supposed to be back up in the 70's during the coming week. I can live with that! I spent yesterday getting out the warmer clothes like sweats and velours, and putting away the tank tops and capris. I bought a new winter jacket at Penney's last week in celebration of the upcoming cold.
    Last Wednesday it got up to 87 and that's the day I took Sparky to the groomer for his short cut. Poor pup is now shivering and I had to get out one of his sweaters. He was under the covers and snuggling up with me in bed last night, trying to stay warm. Such a little wimp!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

The glorious changing colors of the landscape
    The smell of woodsmoke on a cool morning - not that I'll smell it here, but love that, cider and pumpkins and the scents of a fall morning,
    The first heavy frost that kills everything that makes pollen ...
    Hot tea on a cool evening
    Wat's not to like?
    I've Been Frosted

The cooler weather and the leaves changing color!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Halloween, leaves changing colors, and wearing hoodies and converse
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

The first week of October is usually the most beautiful here, with the leaves changing color. I also love the smell in the woods in autumn and walking in a thick layer of leaves, and watchingthe deer.

Dyrehaven (Danish 'The Animal Garden'), officially Jægersborg Dyrehave, is a forest park north of Copenhagen. It covers around 11 square kilometres. Dyrehaven is noted for its mixture of huge, ancient oak trees and large populations of red and fallow deer.
    All entrances to the park have a characteristic red gate; one of the most popular entrances is Klampenborg gate, close to Klampenborg station. All the entrance gates have an identical gate house attached to them, which serve as the residences of the forest wardens. Dyrehaven is maintained as a natural forest, with the emphasis on the natural development of the woods over commercial forestry. Old trees are felled only if they are a danger to the public. It has herds of about 2000 deer in total, with 300 Red Deer, 1600 Fallow Deer and 100 Sika Deer. Dyrehaven is also the venue for the Eremitage road race (Eremitageløbet) and the yearly Hubertus hunt (Hubertusjagten) which is held on the first Sunday in November. In former times it was home to the Fortunløbet race, later known as Ermelundsløbet, but this race was discontinued in 1960.

You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jægersborg_Dyrehave

... and see pictures here: http://www.copenhagenpictures.dk/dyr...g-denmark.html

It would suit me fine if it was spring for 3 months summer for 4 months, autumn for 3 months and winter for 2 months. Where do I have to move to?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I find as I get older I love the cold weather more and more. During the fall, my favorite place to be is up in the Catskill Mountains hiking. When the leaves are changing every turn in the trail is more breath taking than the one we just passed through. I love to smell the smoke from indoor fireplaces and watching all the animals stock up on their food and prepare for their winter's nap. But most of all, when fall comes winter is not far behind.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

2 words: flannel shirts

Blog Entries
    Jack Frost with the crisp cold air so fresh to breath in. The leaves changing color but wish they would last longer before falling off the trees. The smell of burning leaves. Harvesting the garden & getting the soil amended for next spring. Lots to do & enjoy in the good old autumn outdoors.

The cooler weather!! We've had a pretty hot summer this year. I'm anxious for it to pass, but after a little cooler weather last week, it seems like its heating up again. Thank God for A/C!

I LOVE FALL!!! Fall and winters are by FAR my favorite seasons. I love the cooler weather, the festivities, Halloween, Thanksgiving, you name it!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Getting paid to scare the CRAP out of people during Fright Fest. I'm a Ghillie this year, basically a giant bush. I am so excited for it.