Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To those who let their doggy friends on the bed. DOGGY SMELL- how do I get rid of it?

I like to use doggie wipes between their baths to freshen up their
    fur smell. Neither one smells bad except when they can really wet from the
    rain. I towel them off & use the wipes. Just takes a minute & they stay
    smelling fresh & their fur is shiny.

My problem is the hair they leave on the bed or couch & I use flannel
    blankets or throws to help with that.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have another suggestion that may help with some doggy smell. Autumn doesn't have a nasty smell usually. One time she did smell strongly like stinky dog smell was when she had a bacterial infection in her eye. Since your dog has a wrinkly face and pertruding eyes you should naturally pay particular attention to cleaning the face and possibly talk to your vet about the eyes and maybe some eye drops. Autumn gets regular human otc eye drops now. Also clean food and water bowls often, especially if they are plastic, because bacteria thrives there and can get on an animal's face that way.

As for the rest of her body, I'd suggest giving her a full bath less because some people think bathing an animal dries out their skin and causes their skin to produce more oils to combat the dryness. I also personally recommend Nature's Specialties shampoos because thats what we used to use at the boarding kennel I worked at and we got nothing but good comments all the time.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Blanket is at the end of the bed. I'm tellin' Cassie to lay there now, and she looks kind of stubbornly at me sometimes but lays down. Though during the night she will cuddle into me and try to slither up, ha.

Thanks for the suggestions all! She is napping at the end of the bed right now.

She does get gunk in her eyes. We asked the vet about it, and she said it's normal for her facial structure as you said IRescue. I clean around her eyes with a damp cloth daily to prevent build-up and infection . As for the shampoo, I'll have to look into that. We currently use a doggy oatmeal solution. I bath her maybe a few times a month, depending on if I've taken her in the lake nearby lately.

Her paws hve been muddy with the rain this week, gotta wipe em good..
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory