Thread: To those who let their doggy friends on the bed. DOGGY SMELL- how do I get rid of it?

Hybrid View

To those who let their doggy friends on the bed. DOGGY SMELL- how do I get rid of it?

Cass is pretty clean. I give her a bath once or twice a month when she smells, or if she gets into something. She sleeps with me at night, usually at the foot of the bed or curled up at my side. But one problem.

She smells. Not too bad, but like a dog. And it's on my top sheet, which I then change every few days.

Anybody come up with solutions for that doggy smell? I take a shower and then go to lay down and... it doesn't feel clean xD. It smells like dog...

If there are no solutions, so be it. Please do not respond with "Then don't let her on the bed", ha. I can deal with it, but a solution would still be welcome.
    Last edited by ToBeEvergreen; 09-18-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

LOL dogs smell like dogs. Is it muddy where you are? They can be more stinky when it's muddy or if they have been in the rain.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Try some Febreeze?

Lily has her own pillow in my bed, but I don't really notice a doggy smell.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Luvofallhorses: Yes. New England weather. Rainy for a week at a time sometimes xD. And she loves to lay in the yard.

Roxyluvsme: Aw! I could try a blanket at the end of the bed, she seems to curl up to anything extra I put on. LOL, you are lucky, saved from the "natural" doggy odor.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Be careful with putting febreeze on bedding.. she could have a bad reaction. My dogs sleep with me, I forgot to say that. They smell from time to time if it's muddy/rainy out.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Yes, if she will lay on a folded blanket on the bed, especially when it has been damp out - and this being fall, you know it is gonna happen - that would be easier to take off and wash every couple days than having to strip the whole bed!
    I've Been Frosted