Thread: Dean has went missing!!! :(

Dean has went missing!!! :(

This is his 3rd day being gone, I've checked shelters, made flyers, and done searching by foot and in car. I've posted a missing ad on my local craigslist. One neighbor kid said he saw him the night of the 10th, but no one has seen him since.

Does anyone have any ideas of other things to try. He was strictly an indoor cat, (front declawed by previous owner) so I'm extremely concerned for his safety.

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks!

Ask all your neighbors to check any sheds or basements that he might have accidentally been shut inside. Check under porches, and try setting out good smelly food at dusk, to see if you can lure him back.
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    This website has some excellent suggestions. http://www.petrescue.com/petlibrary/...st-cat-or-dog/

Please keep checking the shelters. Ask to look in the infimary and the DOA file. Even look in the room with dogs. Ask to look in rooms where they keep cats who won't be put up for adoption.

Keep checking back with them. That was our mistake and Kuhio paid the price.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Be sure you visit all places in your area that pick up strays. Make sure that you visit in person and make them let you see ALL the pets that they have in the building. Including the ones who have been PTS. I have heard stories of lost animals being PTS because they were in an area away from the public and the owner didn't check. Don't trust the shelter! If you're going to contact any government org, calling is ineffective. They're much more likely to pay attention if you come in person.

Make your flyers big and eye catching. Put "Reward" in big, red letters. If you have a significant population of people who do not speak much English nearby, post signs in different languages. Make sure the picture is clear and large enough to see. If he's nervous around people, make sure you tell people not to try to catch him, as that could make him run further away and hide.

Distribute flyers with his pictures & your phone number and go door-to-door handing them out to neighbors, give them to people on the street, and give them to local businesses - pet stores, groomers, veterinarians, grocery stores, etc and make sure your alert all local rescue organizations.

If possible, ask friends to help you look every day in the surrounding areas. Call and shake treat bags. Something I noticed is that if you open a can of food and tap the lid on the can, it makes a noise that sounds a little like a can opening up.

Set up traps in your surrounding area and bait them in case he comes back home. Check them several times a day.

It's a long shot, but there are a few dogs in the US trained to track lost pets.

He hasn't been lost for very long. If you are very aggressive, it'll increase his chances of being found exponentially. I will be sending prayers to Dean and you. Please come home Dean.

"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind and found my soul." -Unknown

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
    - George Eliot

And once again Our Awesome Pet Talker Angels Search and Rescue Squad is on the case.
    We pray that they they can guide Dean home soon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers from us all that he will return safe and sound. Don't worry about him not having claws. My sister has a cat declawed on all 4's (much to my sadness) and she lets the cat in and out and she is able to defend herself for years now.

Please come home Dean. Your momma is worried.

Update!!!

I got a voicemail from a lady that lives in my neighborhood and she said that she has seen him the last two nights. I tried to call her back to get a more specific location so I can go hunting for him, although I had to leave a message.

But GOOD news nonetheless! She said she just saw my flyer this morning.

Thank you for all of your ideas, I'm hoping and praying that I will get to hug him tonight!

Many prayers and good wishes that Dean is soon safely home!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Fingers and paws crossed, we hope Dean gets back home today
    astrid

False alarm... Still no sign of Dean.

I spoke with the girl and she said that she has seen this particular cat for about 3 weeks, although, I told her if she sees him again to call me ASAP. Did another round of on foot searching and speaking with neighbors.

Still keeping the faith and checking the local animal shelter hourly.

Thanks guys.

Take a piece of your unlaundered clothing and put it outside; the familiar smell may draw him out if he's hiding.

Have you thought of an animal communicator? I consulted a woman with psychic abilities years ago when Morganna went missing. Although the lady was the friend of a friend and not professional, she was good - if I'd used my imagination instead of taking what she said so literally, I might have found Morganna right off. As it was - I *had* to leave my vacation cabin with her still missing, but when I returned, exactly one month later - Morganna was on the top of the deck steps, waiting for me.

The others have given you good advice as well. Have you thought of setting a Hav-A-Heart trap? (Of course, you may get someone other than your intended, but it could be worth a try.)

Best of luck; the not-knowing is so traumatic. Prayers coming for Dean's safe return - and quickly.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea