Thread: Cats and Storms

Cats and Storms

Someone posted a thread a few weeks ago about how their pets react during a storm. I can't seem to find the post.

Last night we had very loud thunder and lightening for a couple hours. I was watching television and goofing around on FB. Someone posted that their kids were upset about the storm. I looked over at Buddy and here is his apparent reaction to loud storms.

LOL, that would be mine. Dunno where it went, I think it was in Pet General, but no matter, to Buddy storms seem as startling as soft paino music. He looks to be so comfty! Wow, he has some gorgeous markings too.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Only one of my many cats shows anxiety during heavy rain/storms. Schuyler is getting more relaxed about the weather lately, as we have had so many storms with the latest being Irene. Could be the other cats' nonchalance (like Buddy's utter relaxation) to inclement weather has persuaded him not to fret as much.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

LOL! That storm doesn't seem to affect Buddy at all - could he be any more relaxed!

It it gets too loud here, Fister will go under the bed, but he is fairly brave up to a certain point.

Love that picture!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Mordred is my storm alert: at the very first sound of thunder, he disappears; I know the storm is about over when he reappears. He's 10 and been like that all his life.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Ah Buddy that storm just lulled you to sleep What a cutie!!

Our Eve is a storm watcher she gets very intense and has to be at an open window (screened of course) and can't get enough!! Our cat sitter didn't believe it until she had Eve in her cattery for a week of stormy weather ... it is an indoor/outdoor kennel and Eve insisted on staying in her outdoor enclosure so she could watch All the other kitties were tucked into their blankies

Eve loves fireworks as well - who knew a cat could be an adrenaline junkie
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalz View Post
    Ah Buddy that storm just lulled you to sleep What a cutie!!

Our Eve is a storm watcher she gets very intense and has to be at an open window (screened of course) and can't get enough!! Our cat sitter didn't believe it until she had Eve in her cattery for a week of stormy weather ... it is an indoor/outdoor kennel and Eve insisted on staying in her outdoor enclosure so she could watch All the other kitties were tucked into their blankies

Eve loves fireworks as well - who knew a cat could be an adrenaline junkie
    That is so interesting that she likes to watch the storms. My cats are fascinated when it snows in the winter. They just sit and watch the flakes coming down.

This is because if it isnt a tornado... it cant be a bad sign, so basically only natural disasters like a hurricane or tornado could wind up a cat to hide under your bed or something with a low space where they would be safe other than the bathroom.

The basement (if you have one) would be most-likely safe for every living thing (DONT TRY TO SAVE A PLANT) hahahahhhh so not worthit but yeh you need to save yourself first even if your can flys up into the air... i would care for my pet. but i want to live too!! its your choice tho XD but back to subject
    yes you need to just go look at your cat or dog and see what their reaction is to the weather. if a cat is looking alert, flicking its ears to sound, eyes open and then running away from you even if they do love you. this means many things but, when raining, means a bad sign of a tornado or other wind disaster. now if a flood warning comes, you NEED to save your cat unless it is already in a high place.

your welcome for the tip ^^ aaaand...other off subject stuffs :/ srry bout that...

O-M-G! That is such an adorable pose!!!!!! Hugs and kisses for cutie-pie!! Aw! One Down is never ever like this! He's frightened as I remember

(I don't remember properly, hasn't stormed in a very long time)

Aweee How so Adorable & Sweet.. Your baby looks like my Bump.. And storms dont bother or fase him.. Now some of my girls the storms does bother..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Merlin

My cat has the biggest sPaz, when he hears thunder he shoots to my bed and skids around the corner into my room, he won't come out until a few hours after the storm stops