Thread: Remy has lost her deck privileges

Remy has lost her deck privileges

Our little orange Houdini, Remy, managed to escape twice yesterday. My husband and I have learned to be careful leaving the house, as she will "shadow" us as we go out the door. Not sure how she managed it, but I happened to be on the deck with Zerlina (tummy rub), and spotted Remy scampering around the swimming pool, three floors down! I retrieved her, and took this pic soon after:

(Remy and Zerlina are known collectively as "The Giants Girls".)

Then last night my husband's brother came over for dinner and to watch the UCLA-San Jose State game. When he was getting ready to leave, we realized that Remy was nowhere to be found. I headed back downstairs, and retrieved her from under a truck in the parking lot.

The last straw came today. I thought it would be OK to have Remy on the deck if I was out there to supervise. Big mistake. She managed to leap up the corner post and get up on the roof! My husband and I spent the better part of an hour trying to retrieve her. Finally, the building maintenance man went up to the roof and got her for us, by which time she was panting with fear. Did she learn her lesson? Noooooo!!! Not 15 minutes later, she tried to make a break for the deck again!

So, Remy has lost her deck privileges for good, or at least until we figure out a way to enclose the deck that won't upset the landlord. Sigh. It also means the other kitties can't use the deck either. Rugger likes to sleep out there.
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Remy stop scaring your meowmie like that!!! I'm glad to hear that she was able to be found and caught all of the times that she went missing.

Where I live we can now put bender board aka benda board through the slats of our balcony railing. This then makes it more enclosed. I still won't allow my cats out there because Sky was caught walking on top of the railing and I live on the 2nd floor. I can't afford for any of my cats to fall and get hurt. Good luck with keeping Remy and the others inside now.

Awww, Remy! You like to be outside. I hope meowmie will soon find a way to enclose the deck so you can enjoy being outside again.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That is scary for Remy, as that truck could have run her over.
    I had to stop My Found Cats from going outside as they were going on other peoples property
    Thats a shame that Remy is grounded, but it is for her own good.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hmmmm- when Orion was a baby boy he vanished through the old cat neeting on the garage roof. It didn't scare him at all- no he wanted to sing on the roofs. Weeks later- we had made a bigger balcony- deck like and a new cat netting and he was allowed out for the first time. Went immediately to the spot where the netting was broken last time
    They are clever little buggers and the more intelligence they have the more trouble they will get into