Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiba

Kiba

I thought I'd post this here....Kiba had to be put to sleep on Friday Sept 9th due to kidney failure. I have no idea why this happened. The vet said it could be a few things but we'll never really know. Kiba was born on Aug 30th 8 years ago. She didn't live nearly long enough and I miss her greatly. She is/was the best cat I could even hope to have.

Every night she'd come to me for pats and give me head bumpies. She snuggle wiht me for a while before settling at the end of the bed. She always followed me everywhere I went. I miss her so much. I'm not sure how I'll get by without her....

Here is a video of her at the vets as I said goodbye to my sweet baby.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=MVI_0552.mp4

It was so sudden and unexpected. I was so depressed about losing my job earlier in the week I didn't spend nearly enough time with her. I regret it so much. I didn't get my usual snuggles and head bumpies. When I took her into the vet to see why she was sick, the shaved a big clump of fur off her neck and I was like Aww, you're pretty fur is gone! Oh well it'll be no time before it grows back....I guess I was wrong. I just didn't think it'd end like this. I thought she'd get medication and be just fine.

I think I'm in the "anger" stage. I'm very upset with the entire world. I feel like I'm cursed or something.
    Last edited by Sowa; 09-11-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

I'm sorry about Kiba. Sometimes we'll never understand why things happen. She'll be waiting for you one day at the RB. {{{hugs}}}

I can't find the video you posted.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so very sorry. She is healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, and she knows how much you love her. You are together always.

God bless you, and deepest sympathy. Rest in peace, dearest Kiba.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Acute renal failure can come on so suddenly and we never expect it to end the way it does. My cat Peeka passed from it but she was 14 when it happened. So it's understandable that you're puzzled about it b/c Kiba was so young. Please know that Kiba is now at peace and she knows how much you loved her and still do. I hope that you're able to find peace soon, too. RIP, sweet Kiba.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

The video was hard to watch. I have been in your very shoes, Audrey, for more times than I can imagine, and it hurts very deeply. Your anger is keeping you with us, and it keeps you connected to Kiba. Letting go of the anger feels like losing the connection with her. I look back on the last cat I lost, Alabama. She was my son's best cat, by far. While the loss hit me, and still pains me a year later, it rocked his world. He cannot bear to hear me mention her name. With Allie, it was about 30 days from dx to letting her go. It made no sense. It was without reason. I tell you this to only let you know that it does get better, somewhat. Your heart is huge, your connection to Kiba was strong. And, she knew you loved her. The passage of time will bring you some comfort.

But, at the end of the day, you are 'only' human, as are the rest of us. You can't 'know' why it happened, and I don't think understanding things is for us to do. We can only love, care for and remember our pets. It is a limiting factor of life. Searching in your mind as to why, what you did or didn't do, what could have happened, etc., is just damaging your soul. Try to stop the worry/wondering part, and focus on the feelings you have. I remember someone telling me to 'sit with your feelings'. At the time, I was pretty confused as to what that person meant. But, it means confronting them, feeling them, and eventually working/walking through them.

You have lots of friends, use them now to help you with this.

Johanna

I'm so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing by letting her go and now she's pain free and up at the Bridge playing and running happily. I know it hurts right now but you still have many wonderful memories of her and you will meet again. RIP sweet Kiba. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

So sorry about your sudden loss. No matter how many times we go through the process it never gets easier. But don't kick yourself about it. You were a great mom to your cat and she loved you. She seems to be leaving very peacefully which is always so good than if they struggle and suffer.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

She was so beautiful. That video was hard for me to watch, too. It's such a shock when they go downhill so quickly, especially when they're still rather young. One moment they're perfectly healthy and the next moment they're gone, you're completely gobsmacked and left with a gaping hole in your heart that you're not sure will ever heal.

RIP sweet Kiba.

"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind and found my soul." -Unknown

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
    - George Eliot

Now I can see the video. Kiba sure was beautiful.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    So sorry to see that Kiba had to leave you. It's always difficult to say good-bye, but even more so when it's sudden and unexpected. She was such a pretty girl, but the poor girl did look so very tired in the video.....

RIP Kiba, and peace to those you left behind.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Bless you, I understand your loss only too well. I am so sorry that you have lost your beloved Kiba - but I feel certain that she will never be very far from you as she loved you so much.

You will be reunited one day and it will be glorious for you both.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

There is a spare bed we have and Kiba always slept on it. Every time I pass by it I some how except to see Kiba. It's very sad she's not in her spot

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

I'm sorry about your Kiba. It is hard to let our friends go, but know that they will be waiting when it is our time.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

It is sad to lose a Cat , just when they are supposed to be hitting the prime of thier lives.
    I lost Pouncer My First Cat at 9, Buster Kitten at 3 and Benjamin James at 10, and all deaths came so suddely.
    All Of Our Gone Too Soon Pets are all together , and Kiba now has her Wings of Silver and Gold and a Diamond head band.What a gorgeous Lady she is with all those different colors to her.
    Kiba misses you too , and is palnning a big Party for you all when you are reunited in love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Beautiful Kiba, with your mouse between your paws . . . what a lovely memory to have of her. May she RIP and be reincarnated to another feline that will reach out to you someday when least expected, and will continue where original Kiba left off to fill that empty void in your heart. I am so sorry for your loss of your precious Kiba.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs