Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed

We lost Princess due to kidney failure in June. Her levels were sky high. At first they thought was toxic poisoning. We have another kitty without any symptoms and is doing great. We searched and searched thinking it was something we left around that she got into. However, the vet now feels that since she was so young, it was probably something she was born with and we did everything we could to try to save her. It would be very expensive for an autopsy so we just accepted the fact that she was probably born with something. Remember cats are good hiders of illness. My prayers are with you!

Unfortunately the prayers didn't work. I'm going in today to say goodbye. My heart is broken and I'm not sure how I'll survive this after losing my other gir....

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

I am so sorry...

I wish I could wave a magic wand for a last-minute miracle. It hurts more when no one knows exactly what happened.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I am so sorry.

Oh no, I'm so, so sorry. {{{hugs}}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry. This brings tears to my eyes. My co-worker just went through this exact same thing last Friday. Only they didn't make it to the vet.

RIP Kiba
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh, I am so very sorry.

Prayers of peace and comfort for you. The love that you and Kiba share is eternal.

Kiba is healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, waiting to greet you again.. One Fine Day.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry for Kiba and for your loss.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Here is a video I took of her at the clinic before I had to let her go...she seemed almost content which made the decision that much harder...The vet told me there was no chance her kidneys would start to work again

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=MVI_0552.mp4

She sure was a gorgeous cat. You did make the right decision. (((HUGS)))

The vet said I could take her home for the night and be with her. I knew she'd just sit in a corner and be sad so I said it would be better to do it now. I kinda wish I took her home for the night...I just kept thinking she wouldn't be happy I hope this is what she wanted...I don't know, would you want an extra day if you were Kiba?

You absolutely made the right decision. Taking her home would have been for you and not Kiba. She looks like she wasn't feeling well. It's hard to imagine, but kitties have no sense of time. She wouldn't know it was her last night home. They live in the present. That's what makes them such wonderful companions. They don't think about death or the future. You were her meowmie and you knew in your heart what was best for her. She'd thank you for releasing her from pain.
    I'm so very sorry for your lose. It's never long enough that they are part of our lives. You'll see her again one day. Take comfort in that. Hugs & LES from me and Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sowa View Post
    The vet said I could take her home for the night and be with her. I knew she'd just sit in a corner and be sad so I said it would be better to do it now. I kinda wish I took her home for the night...I just kept thinking she wouldn't be happy I hope this is what she wanted...I don't know, would you want an extra day if you were Kiba?
    You did the right thing. When Peeka's kidneys shut down, I asked my vet if I could take her home and let her pass peacefully there. He told me that it would be a painful way to go b/c her liver was shutting down as well. Don't look back. You did right by Kiba. Be at peace w/that.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh my gosh so terrible news!! I hope you can easily go through this pain I might have wanted to live another day, but I know it would be in real pain and sadness, and I would sit in a corner, and cry my eyes out Its nice that you ended her pain. If she lived another day, she would have been really sad and would have been crying because of the pain.

Hugs and prayers for you and your family.