Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Favorite Earthly Possession

My Favorite Earthly Possession

I think I've narrowed it down to one thing, but want you to name yours.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I do not think I could narrow it down! In a few minutes I came up with so many, and choosing one over the others, well, cannot do it!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I do not think I could narrow it down! In a few minutes I came up with so many, and choosing one over the others, well, cannot do it!

Think about it for awhile. Oh, and our Pets don't count is this instance,
    besides they're family.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Can it be a tie between several things? hahaha

It's between my MacBook Pro/camera/car/bed/multiple sentimental items... I don't think I can pick just one
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Impossible to pick just one:

Family photos
    My mother's diamond engagement ring
    Car
    Computer
    Lighthouse collection
    My first teddybear

And in that order.........

The longer I think, the more I could add.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

The ring my husband gave me.

I have to choose the ring my mom loved the most, it was her diamond anniversary band. She always told me when she bought a new ring, "See what you get when I die?" and she would laugh. She had a weird sense of humor.

I chose that ring in particular because she loved it so much, and it was the last jewelry item she actually was able to purchase at a store before her illness kept her bedridden. I didn't choose my other items of jewelry because they are from people who are still here, and sad to say it but there is no love like a mother's love. Friends and spouses may come & go, but in my life - the love my mother gave me was forever, even though she's been gone 10 years.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I was going to say my Droid but it would have to be whatever camera I have at the time. Photography makes me feel so alive and happy.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I have to choose the ring my mom loved the most, it was her diamond anniversary band. She always told me when she bought a new ring, "See what you get when I die?" and she would laugh. She had a weird sense of humor.

I chose that ring in particular because she loved it so much, and it was the last jewelry item she actually was able to purchase at a store before her illness kept her bedridden. I didn't choose my other items of jewelry because they are from people who are still here, and sad to say it but there is no love like a mother's love. Friends and spouses may come & go, but in my life - the love my mother gave me was forever, even though she's been gone 10 years.
    Now why'd you have to go and make me all teary eyed? That was sweet.

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

Not sure if this counts but it would be Angus's ashes. Otherwise my pictures.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

How would I ever choose? My wedding ring - which was Paul's grandmother's, and is unique and has tiny sapphires and is a symbol of our marriage; my little brown bear that Aunt Dottie made for me when I was born, the old tiny mosaic stone and shell necklace given to my grandfather as thanks from an elderly Polish couple he took care of and which was passed to me, the pictures of various generations of family members, my great-grandmother's desk and the photo album that was hers that contains pictures from unknown family members before she came to America from England ... the signed Ray Bradbury book I got or the signed Ursula K. Leguin book Paul stood in line to get me ...

And that's just a partial list!
    I've Been Frosted

I have a stuffed bunny that was the first gift ever given to me as a baby. It's so old and falling apart at this point, it's not really attractive any longer, and it's dingy as anything, but I love it to death. I don't even remember who it was from at this point any more, but I love it.

Other than that, it would have to be the necklace that Glacier made me that has the ashes of my foster kitty, Bear, in them. It is beautiful and I loved him very much.

The things I have between my ears.

Somedays I stop and think about all the events, places and people that I have known in my lifetime and feel like I am very lucky.

There are some moments that I have experienced that without the right timing I would have never been able to experience.

------------------------

I used to drive up into the mountains above El Lay to load up the bed of my trick with snow to bring back to the neighborhood.

I would drive to my sibs houses and get the kids in the neighborhood to stage snowball fights in the street.

During one trip I was at a turn off in the mountains when I saw an ominous set of clouds rolling up the mountains toward the area where we were at.

In the matter of minutes, I was stuck in a snow storm and had to drive down the hill to get home.

It was a great experience and something that I cherish more than any physical possession I will ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The things I have between my ears.

Somedays I stop and think about all the events, places and people that I have known in my lifetime and feel like I am very lucky.

There are some moments that I have experienced that without the right timing I would have never been able to experience.

------------------------

I used to drive up into the mountains above El Lay to load up the bed of my trick with snow to bring back to the neighborhood.

I would drive to my sibs houses and get the kids in the neighborhood to stage snowball fights in the street.

During one trip I was at a turn off in the mountains when I saw an ominous set of clouds rolling up the mountains toward the area where we were at.

In the matter of minutes, I was stuck in a snow storm and had to drive down the hill to get home.

It was a great experience and something that I cherish more than any physical possession I will ever have.
    That is beautiful.

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

Well without thinking too deeply about it at this hour my first instinct is my iphone. It was a gift from hubby... I already had a phone and he surprised me with an iphone.

I picked ths as my favorite earthly posession because it allOws me to do so much. Hannah gets to video talk with her grammy (who lives in florida) whenever she wants to. When hubby is working late he can video call us to say hello or tell hannah goodnight or even in the middle of the day if we just miss each others face.

I can take photos and video when i dont have my good camera on me

I can take a photo of whatever we are doing and text it to the people who cant be with us like grammy or daddy if he is at work. I can post that photo to facebook so my family in canada can also keep up with what we are doing. This has proved to be invaluable in our family.

We can play games and watch movies (hannah included) read books, create a shopping list, etc, etc, Etc

It Is so many things in one and it helps make the grandparents feel like they arent so far away and it keeps our little family close when we cant be together

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com