Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for the little outdoor tuxie

Awww, I'm so happy to hear the good news on Mike. I'm also very glad to hear you will have a place for him to recoop after surgery. Would this possibly be a permanent place, or just until he heals up all the way? Either way, a big thank you for helping him out!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Awww, I'm so happy to hear the good news on Mike. I'm also very glad to hear you will have a place for him to recoop after surgery. Would this possibly be a permanent place, or just until he heals up all the way? Either way, a big thank you for helping him out!
    The plan is to put him in my bedroom with my cat Grandma. She is 17 now and very laid back. I'm hoping she won't be bothered by him much for a while. Until he finishes his meds and the others get used to the idea that he is in the house. Then I'll bring him out for a meet and greet and see how it goes.
    Fingers crossed for us all, please?

I thought when I brought Frankie in there would be a big ruckus. He just walked up and said, "hi ya" to them and that was that. A few hisses and a head bonk or two and that was the end of it.

I don't really want 8 cats in this small house. But I hate the thought of turning him out to be frightened and hurt again even more. BUT 8 is really ENOUGH!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Not Frankie's brother? You don't think the Vet office has mixed up the
    crates do you? My old Vet used to have me put my name on a tag attached
    to the crate when I brought new cats in for spay/neuters.

Hope the little tuxie guy continues to do well.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Not Frankie's brother? You don't think the Vet office has mixed up the
    crates do you? My old Vet used to have me put my name on a tag attached
    to the crate when I brought new cats in for spay/neuters.

Hope the little tuxie guy continues to do well.
    My name was on the carrier he was in. I'll be able to tell when I pick him up. It would be one big coincidence to have two weak tuxie cats, with ear infection and wounds on their ears there at the same time. Most likely, Mike is going to take after his daddy, which I think is also Chuck's daddy.

A BIG tuxie who is bigger than Chuck, who I can hardly get my arms around. Though I will admit, I'm wondering how a cat who was so light I could pick him up with one hand got as big as they say he is. Must be some good food they are feeding him.

Well, if they go to neuter the cat and it's already neutered, I'll know it's the wrong one.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I'm sitting here trying not to panic. I have heard nothing about Mike. They do the surgeries in the morning so he should be out of recovery by now. I did call the recptionist half an hour ago.

She didn't even have him on the list. Wanted to know if I brought him in yesterday. I told no, he has been with them since Thursday. Then she told me the vet is busy with another customer and the recptionist will call me back. So, I am still waiting. I do not have a good feeling about this at all.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

MOFF,

Thank you so much for taking the tuxie in!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    MOFF,

Thank you so much for taking the tuxie in!!!
    I'm not real sure I'll ever get him back to take in at this point. I called again and the annoyed recptionist told me everyone was still busy. I asked her if she at least knew if he was alive or not. She said oh, yes, he was sitting in his cage looking at her when she went back there. She just doesn't know if he was neutered or not.

If he had been, the vet techs usually call right after the pets wake up because they know how us pet purrents worry. So, if he has not been, he'll need to stay there another week. I can't bring an un-nuetered cat in here. sigh
    Why can't anything ever be easy.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Super Bad news

Mike had been going down hill for a few days. I just talked to the vet.
    Where before he had loved being petted, he got agressive and not responding to meds. His head tilt was worse and he wouldn't eat. He is suffering and she can't help him. She had tested him for feline leukemia and that other disease which I can't remember the name of. He was negative for those.

She said she is afraid he has rabies. She just has a gut feeling about it. So she suggested he has to be put down. She will send him off to be checked after he is gone. Poor baby he fought so hard.

Mike I am so sorry I let you down. Ike will meet you at the bridge with your other little sibby.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

LES
    You did all you could MOFF.

Love ya....
    Slick and Merlin
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh my, LES here. I have been following this thread, but haven't posted. I am so sorry MOFF. You did all that you could for him. More than others would have! (((hugs))) from me and Sasha.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Oh my God, I am so very sorry. That is heartbreaking. Much LES here too. You and Mike both did so much and fought so hard.

God bless you both. Love from us all .
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

In my heart, I don't think he had rabies. He was never agitated around me and no foaming at the mouth or anything. I've never heard of any rabies here in town either. Of course, we have possums and skunks and racoons that are in town so I guess it could be.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Thiis is heartbreaking news. I did look up rabies in cats and found that
    there are different stages of the disease. There are a lot of animals that he
    could have contracted the disease from including bats.

http://www.peteducation.com/article....1+2134&aid=346

It sounded like a hectic day at the Vet's office today. Maybe you could get a chance to
    talk to the Vet again later on tomorrow or when there's not so much going on there.
    She should be able to explain why she feels the way she does about the diagnosis.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I can't begin to tell you how sorry and how sad I feel about little Mike. But I'm still praying for one more miracle here.

You didn't let Mike down. You cared for and about him and did everything you possibly could to help him. Anything could have happened while he was outside. Along with all of your efforts you gave Mike the most important thing of all, because of you Mike knew what it means to be loved. There's no doubt that he loves you too
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks for the link liz. None of the symptoms really fit Mike. What ever it was he had, I first noticed on 9/6 when I saw him with his head tilted. That's when I first was able to find the sore on his ear or around that time.

He never became irritable or vicious or disoriented that I know of. He did become more lovable his last night, he wanted his head and ears scratched. He was like that at the vet until yesterday. Then he did get antsy. He never ever tried to bite anyone. In fact he got better for a while. Never heard of them getting any better during rabies.

Also, if when I first saw the ear wound, he already had rabies and that was making him wobble when he walked, he would have died by now. There was just 2 to 4 days between phases according to that site.

He got so he was walking normal before he disappeared for that week.

I guess we will just have to wait and see for sure.

I hope I don't get thrown in jail if it turns out he did have it. How can I get a cat shots when I can't catch it?
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie