Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for the little outdoor tuxie

I'm really worried about little Mike outside. He was here for breakfast yesterday and ate well then took off. He didn't show up at supper time.

I wasn't too surprised because the people living in a house for sale beside me (and I pray it's just temperory that they are there) had two kids visiting. One of them kept riding one of those 4 wheel all train vehicles. He rode it up and down our alley and the around and around and around circling one of the bushes in that yard. I figued Mike was just frightened and hiding.

I checked right at dark and he was on the porch. I took him some food. The poor boy acted scared stiff. He was in the meatloaf position against the wall by the door with his nose down. I put the food in front of him and he took one of two licks then just sat with his nose in the plate.

I felt him all over and he didn't seem hurt. I scooted him back further on the porch thinking he would feel safer there. He moved right back to the place he was. His eyes looked so wide and scared. I just left him there hoping he would feel better. When I peeked out later he had gone off the porch. He's not been back since.

I have never seen a cat so frightened he was almost catatonic like that. No pun intended. It hit me this morning that maybe he had been hiding in that bush the kid kept circling with that atv. It was one of mike's favorite places to lay. That would for sure scare him silly. Anyway, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

The fact that the family have two big dogs they let run loose doesn't help. They don't seem mean to cats but you never know.

Of course, I feel guilty. He came to me for help and I couldn't help him. I couldn't have brought him inside. That would for sure have frightened him even more. sigh
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Poor little guy! I'll add him and you to my prayers, too! And I'm going to the Cat Memorial Section to catch up on what happened to Ike....I just HATE when things turn out that way for these precious babies! WHY do people have to be so irresponsible and neglectful so that these situations can even develop? Mike is lucky to have you, and he knows it! Keep up the good work with him!
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Oh God.. I'm so sorry about this. Prayers for the little guy and you too, moff. I hate so many people.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Was he on your back porch? You don't think the kids injured him
    somehow do you? Can you leave a cardboard box out on the porch where
    he can hide overnight?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh dear. I hope he feels better soon and isn't so scared. Perhaps make him a cat cave on the porch?

Bless you for caring for him.

It's almost 8 pm here now and no sign of him. Of couse, it's been awfully noisy here again. Apparently the kid with the 4 wheeler lives at that house. He is still reving it up and riding it even though it's dark outside. It has lights on it. The family has been partying all afternoon and I'm super grouchy. I can only imagine how Mike feels.

Their dumb dogs have been coming over and eating the cats food for a while now. I have been having to track their bowls down in the yard almost every day. Today I met the dogs. One is a gigantic boxerdog type. The other a white dog about medium height. It's the bulldog who comes on the porch. It acts friendly but I'm not going to leave food out just so that monster can eat.

When I get up for potty runs in the night, I'll check the porch and see if Mike is there. If I wake up the entire neighborhood, too darn bad!!! Maybe if the new neighbors get tired enough, they will go to bed so I can get some peace.
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 10-11-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Do your new neighbors rent or own? Are you city or county or rural? There must be leash laws. And noise ordinances. Call the police or sheriff and get the info.

Is that bush that Mike likes in your yard?

Isn't there anywhere inside you could put him to keep him safe until you could find him a home??? The tale of this poor little guy is just making me so sad. I wish I lived closer, I'd take him in myself.

Mike showed up at 9 pm last night. He acted a bit better in that he wasn't as frightened. He only ate about 2 bites then left again. I stayed on the porch with him trying to make him feel safe to eat. He wasn't here this morning.

The neighbor's big boxer was though. She had carried their food bowls off the porch again. She got me trapped on the porch. She wasn't trying to hurt me, she was wanted petted. I couldn't get her to leave. He owner finally came and got her and put her in the house. She could have knocked me over just by turning around. I'm afraid he may be mean to her. When he yelled at her, she crouched down and wet on my porch. sigh

We do have leash laws here but we have a kill shelter. If the dog catcher took her she wouldn't last long. Besides, there are two kids in the family. I wouldn't want to have their dog taken away. She might not have a great life but it's better than no life.

I have no place inside where I could put Mike. He would be probably more terrified in the house than he is outside any way. He would have to face 7 unknown cats. I can't allow cats in the bathroom anymore since Frankie tore my shower curtain down and I can't get it back up.

When I tried to put Mike in the shed once, he got his claws into me. I still have a scar from that. sigh
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I wish I were your neighbor, between the two of us we might equal
    1 healthy younger person. I realise that makes no sense, but anyhoo.

One time I think you mentioned a nearby woman who was helping to
    feed outside cats. Do you think she could help lookout for Mike?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I wish I were your neighbor, between the two of us we might equal
    1 healthy younger person. I realise that makes no sense, but anyhoo.

One time I think you mentioned a nearby woman who was helping to
    feed outside cats. Do you think she could help lookout for Mike?
    It kind of does make sense to me!!!

That lady moved right after I moved winnie and Angel inside. I sure wish she was still here. I never knew her last name so can't even call her.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I wonder if someone at the vet office would know where your former neighbour is.

When is that no-kill shelter supposed to be built in your area?

{{{hugs}}}

Don't know if it's worth asking any of your new neighbours to help... *sigh*
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I wonder if someone at the vet office would know where your former neighbour is.

When is that no-kill shelter supposed to be built in your area?

{{{hugs}}}

Don't know if it's worth asking any of your new neighbours to help... *sigh*
    The vet wouldn't know who they are since I don't know. We have several vets in town and I wouldn't know if they ever took their cats to a vet or which one.

They are working on the no kill shelter but it won't be done until the end of the year or first of next year.

Nope, no help from those neighbors.

Mike came by last night but didn't want to eat. I took him some cat tuna finally and he ate a nibble or two.

When I got home from running errands this morning, he was under my old car. He came to the porch but again didn't want to eat. I managed to stick his nose into some wet food and he ate a couple of bites then left again.

I'm really worried about him. The last time he ate good was Sunday morning unless he is getting food somewhere else. He looks thinner but won't let me pick him up so I can't tell if he has lost weight. He just looks sad. He was always such a happy cat before that family and the monster dog moved in. (and the noisy kids too) sigh

No use calling animal control. Their solution would be to shoot him. That's what they wanted to do to another cat I was trying to get help for years and years ago at my old home.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post

I'm really worried about him. The last time he ate good was Sunday morning unless he is getting food somewhere else. He looks thinner but won't let me pick him up so I can't tell if he has lost weight. He just looks sad. He was always such a happy cat before that family and the monster dog moved in. (and the noisy kids too) sigh

Are the kids school age? The start of school around here has really
    keep the outside kitties safe from harassment during most of the daytime
    hours. It was none to soon for me either.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

At least the end of the year is SOON...

If you could catch the little guy and get him to the vet's, you know you would have money help if needed.

Prayers for dear little Mike.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda