Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for the little outdoor tuxie

Please pray for the little outdoor tuxie

The little tuxie hadn't been coming around as much lately but seemed fine when he did. Last time I saw him was Sunday night. He wasn't there at supper time. I peeked out at bedtime and saw him coming to the porch to eat. His mom was there and hissed and swatted at him like she was trying to chase him off.

I went out and shooed her away so he could eat. He ate fine and acted fine. I didn't see him at all yesterday. Still not there for breakfast this morning.

Then I saw him sitting in the tall grass in the yard of the empty house next door where they hang out. When I called him, he started over here. I couldn't believe it was him.

He walks with his head tilted to the left and wobbles and falls over. His mom was hissing and growling at him. I shooed her off. I put some food down for him. He only would come to eat if I backed off. So I couldn't get close to him. He ate well though.

I tried to get hold of him so I could get him to the vet but couldn't. You'd think I could catch a poor kitten who kept falling down but he got back in the yard next door. That is a dangerous yard. It is full of weeds, glass and all sorts of junk. Plus smells like poop. It's like a house on the show Hoarders. I had to be careful not to fall myself. He got under the porch and I can't get him.

I'm just sick!!! I can't imagine what could have happened to him. I couldn't see any marks on him like he had been in a fight or anything. I'm wondering about ear mites or an ear infection because of the way he held his hed.

Any way, the little guy could sure use some prayers right now. I could use a few too that I can somehow catch him and get him to a vet.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that you'll be able to catch him soon so he can get to the vet. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both of you.

I'm very concerned about what this poor little guy might have been through, from what you said it doesn't sound good. I kind of wonder if something in that yard injured him or made him sick. Please be assured that prayers are being prayed for both of you. As you can, please let us know how he's doing?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I just went out to see if I could see him. I think he must have crawled under the house. There is one corner of the foundation that there is a big square hole. That's where they used to stay during storms when they were little.

I was always afraid they would drink some putrid water or something over there when they were babies. I keep fresh water out all the time for them here but maybe he couldn't get to it or something. Then there are always snakes. I've seen shedded snake skins around in the spring.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Prayers for this dear little baby and for you too, that you are able to get him to a vet and the vet will be able to help him get better.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Is this Frankie's brother? Prayers that you can catch him this evening
    with food. Sounds like he has a ear infection.

I believe the momma cat usually chases away the male kittens once they
    reach a certain age.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Is this Frankie's brother? Prayers that you can catch him this evening
    with food. Sounds like he has a ear infection.

I believe the momma cat usually chases away the male kittens once they
    reach a certain age.
    Yes, he is Frankie's brother. I saw him under one of the porch steps at that house a bit ago. I went and bribed him out with food. I was able to get him, thinking I could put him in my shed for a bit and call the vet.

Got to the shed door but when I opened it, he got so terrified he fought me and got away. I did notice as I watched him bound through the tall grass that he was running pretty darn fast for a sick kitty and he was not falling over, plus he was still holding his head to the side. I'm thinking it's an ear infection or ear mites. The last few nights have been down in the 50s with lots of dew making it cold and wet out.

Now he probably won't trust me even to bring him food. sigh

Liz, I did wonder about the mom cat chasing the males off too but she doesn't do that to the orangie. Since they are the same age, I'd think she would chase them both off.

Well, I'll see if I can get some food in him tonight and see what tomorrow brings. I can't help a cat who refuses to let me.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

We are praying for that Little Tuxedo, that you can find him, and get him a better life
    We luckily were able to help Tubster Panther, Scrappy Two and Josephine Moosie Spunkette , but sadly there are Porch Cats who are just memories
    WE are sending all Our Pryers for that Poor Lost Cat
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well, the good news is I've managed to get food into him and he seems better today. He also can walk without falling over if he's careful. He still holds his head to the side but not as badly as he did yesterday and I saw him scrathing that ear this morning. I'm betting he has ear mites or and ear infection.

He's back at the old house next door. The bad news is he won't let me come very close to him. I can put food down for him and he will come and eat only if I step back out of arms reach.

Still keeping him fed and getting him strong is very important. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. Please keep them coming.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Oh, that's good news that you are able to feed him again and he seems to be doing a little better now.

Prayers are continuing on his and your behalf!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post

Still keeping him fed and getting him strong is very important. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. Please keep them coming.

Thanks for the update Connie. Keeping him fed & strong is very important,
    especially for the outside kitties. Prayers will continue for him. (((hugs))
    for all you do to help these little ones.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Prayers for Tuxie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I couldn't get him to eat more than a bite this evening. I followed him all around that yard, putting the plate in front of him or as close as I could get it then scooching it over with my cane. He would just take a lick then wobble off. Hopefully, I'll have something he likes better in the morning.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

We pray that your new friend will eat, maybe if you try a bit of Deli Meat.
    Thats how I got My Scrappy Two^^ and Tubster Panther ^^
    God Bless You for helping that Poor Cat
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

This morning when I opened my back door to feed the outdoor babies, I got such a surprise. There sat the tuxie looking at me like, "where's breakfast?"

I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry so I fed them. He looks so much better. He ate like a moose. He threw it up though. I stayed out there with them and after a while he drank some water. I gave him a spoonful of wet food and he at it and kept it down. Later he had some more. He stayed in the yard quite a while.

He still holds his head tilted to the left but not near like he was. He walks really good too unless he moves too fast then he wobbles. He walks like he feels better, with some pep in his step and waving his tail some.

He even came back later for a snack. Of course, he got one. He is now laying in the sun in the grass at that house beside mine.

I decided he needed a name. So I named him Mike and his bro is Ike. As in Ike and Mike candy.

Here are a few pics I took of him this morning. Such a change from a kitty who could barely stand up two days ago. Thank you for the prayers. Please keep them coming. You see they are working!!!

Here are two pics of his orangie bro: Ike who was sleeping up inside the bush by my back porch. Litterly off the ground in the bush.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie