Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Found 7 stray puppies

The shelter may have found a home for one of the pups. There is a woman who has a chicken house and she wants a dog who can go in the chicken house with her but not bother the chickens, so she wants to get a puppy so it'll be easier to train. I think that she'll be meeting them the 8th or 9th when I bring them to the shelters clinic to have them neutered. I'll know more Wednesday, but hopefully one of the pups has found a home (or maybe she'll take 2! ) Everyone cross your fingers that one of the pups finds a forever home with this lady and that the others find their homes soon. It's going to be so hard letting them go but I know that they will be so much better off with someone who can take care of them and provide for them for the rest of their lives.

Oh, good luck! Sounds like some pup will get an important job!
    I've Been Frosted

Fingers and paws crossed here for the pup to get adopted!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Jack is going to his new home on Saturday after he gets neutered. It's actually going to be a trial run to see if he and her older dog gets along, and if they do then the lady will keep him. So hopefully Jack minds his manners and is respectful of the dog of the house. It's going to be hard seeing him go though...

Aww...Good luck Jack!!!!! I just fostered a kitten and it was hard letting him go at 12 weeks but he is sooo happy in his new home and getting the attention he deserves that I couldn't give him. Thanks for fostering them after you saved their lives

Well the lady decided she didn't want a puppy after all. All of the pups were neutered today. They were good little boys as they waited their turn. Everyone did great exept for Cosmo. He lost a lot of blood and they had to give him blood and he came out with a big bandage around his rear. He has to be on atibiotics for a couple of days. The good thing is he doesn't seem to be in pain or anything but the bandage is driving him crazy.

Awww, hopefully they will all get good homes, especially now they are all "fixed!"
    I've Been Frosted

I hope Cosmo is ok. I don't know why these puppies aren't getting adopted! I hope they find homes soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Bless you for taking in these pups. They are so cute!

I also looked to see if the pups were on PetFinder.

Rusty and Barney

Biscuit and Cosmo

Jack and Max

It seems they have grouped them by apparent breed.

I do hope they can get adopted. Can you or a rescue take them to a weekend adoptathon somewhere? Just a thought.

mrspunkysmom-I have thought about an adoptathon or something. The shelter holds events like that and I was going to talk to them and see if I can bring the pups, but I don't know when their next one will be. They took recent pictures of them yesterday since they have grown some since the last pics were taken. They should be put up probably sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I don't know why they're not getting adopted either! I would have thought at least one of them would have found a home by now.

Cosmo is doing a lot better today, although he is still a bit more sore than his brothers.

We also got our 6 month old pup, Sally spayed yesterday. She came home and spent most of the rest of her evening lounging in a chair. Expecting to be pampered I suppose.

Hope they find new homes soon. I'm sure you've got your hands full with 7 extra mouths. You're such an angel for helping them out.

Hope Cosmo feels better soon!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Just found out that one of the volunteer ladies kept insisting that we bred Sally and these are her puppies. Sally is just 6 months old! And these pups are AT LEAST 2 months old...So Sally would of had to get pregnant when she was 2 months...right. My mother was talking to her and this woman wouldn't listen to her. She kept saying Sally was the mother even though mom kept saying she wasn't. Then they mixed up all the pups paperwork, which wasn't so bad because they had all the same stuff done and are about the same size and this woman kept calling one of the pups Max and I said No, that's Barney. She said "They're the Ark's (name of rescue) puppies. I would think they would know their names." Well, I would think I would since I named them and this is the first time the Ark has seen them. She kept insisting on calling them by the wrong names. Other than her everyone else was very nice and made an effort to call the pups by their actual names.

Oh and Cosmo is doing much better. He's still on his meds which smell like Bubble Gum and he likes it a lot. I wish Nathan was as easy as him to give medicine to!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    Hope they find new homes soon. I'm sure you've got your hands full with 7 extra mouths. You're such an angel for helping them out.

Hope Cosmo feels better soon!
    Well it's just 6 now. One of them found his home before I started fostering them for the rescue. But these 6 are still a handful! lol I'm so glad the rescue let me foster them for them. I don't have to worry about their food or vet care while they're waiting for homes this way. That's a big relief.

Quote Originally Posted by sumbirdy View Post
    Oh and Cosmo is doing much better. He's still on his meds which smell like Bubble Gum and he likes it a lot. I wish Nathan was as easy as him to give medicine to!

Hee hee!

Added new pics of the pups to my Facebook page! Taken today! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=ac9ceef1bb

Also the shelter may have found a home for a pup (don't want to say DID find since what happened last time) A couple has a lab pup about the same age as these and she is very lonely. They like Jack and Rusty and haven't decided between the two yet (but they're leaning more towards Rusty) I should be hearing back more about it either Sunday or Monday, and one of these lucky pups may be going to their new home Tuesday (or sometime next week) I'm going to start leash training them next week too. I'm trying to teach them manners. They're learning Stay. When I say it they all sit down where they are for a few seconds (they're not so good at keeping the posistion yet) Cosmo and Biscuit are no longer works in progress. They are completely trusting now. Cosmo will even try to jump as high as he can and try to jump in my arms! When I pick him up he's all snuggly and he's very soft. He loves laying in my arms and having his belly rubbed, he just lays there and wags his tail. I have to say I'm more attached to him since it took me so long to get him to trust me and I've put a lot of time into him. It's going to be REALLY hard seeing him go but I know I can't keep him and I know he'll make someone a great dog. I wish a PT'er lived closer. Someone who wanted him that way I could visit him and see pics!