Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Betty and her kits- cuteness overload #94

I am truly flattered Betty to share your lovely name (My full name is Elizabeth and I am called Betty too).

You are such a pretty girl and I know you have wonderful people taking good care of you Isn't it lovely to have a sister Jenny as well Life is good sweetheart!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I'm so glad to hear that she now has a name. Both Betty and Jeany sure are gorgeous.

Betty I knew of course that it was your name too- but nobody can say you're a redhead .
    But Betty seems to be a very sweet cat- so here's the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Betty I knew of course that it was your name too- but nobody can say you're a redhead .
    But Betty seems to be a very sweet cat- so here's the connection.
    Barbara you should see me now! My hair is silver grey ... all natural
    Yours in Whiskers

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Awwww, two beautiful kitty ladies!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My late mother's name was Elizabeth, but she was called Betty. We are of German descent, also. My maternal grandparents were from Germany. The only thing ruining this sentimental picture is that my mother did not like cats. Too bad, Mom, you've got a namesake now and she's a beautiful kitty girl!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

So you may have heard that I was not allowed to read since Tuesday because of cataract surgery. And Tuesday night it happened: Betty gave birth to 4 lovely stripeys.
    I think it is very likely that daddy was a tabby with dominant genes because the first day you just couldn't tell any difference between the little mice.
    Here is proud Betty with the 1 day old kittens.

As I was staying home I had to do the babysitting. Tough job but someone has to do it
    The second day we had the vet coming in because what we had not seen in the kitty pile was that there was one placenta stuck in between. The (in the literary sense) bloody stuff had glued the kittens together and we could not see whose placenta it really was and what umbilical cord needed cutting. So we were afraid we would hurt them. As soon as the vet had separated them, cut the last umbilical cord they could arrange themselves much better.

Here are the 2 day old mousies:

Betty is a wonderful mom and purrs and purrs. She lets you hold them and is absolutely relaxed with us. When you pick one of the babies up she couldn't care less- but the babies meeow like tiny birdies.

Here they are at 3 days old:

Sorry that the picture isn't sharp- I do not want to torment them with too many pictures. I saw them today and must say they begin to look a little bit different to me.
    I hope to have some more pics on Monday- then I'm in for the other eye and cannot read again for some days.
    But I can babysit the kittens- I think that is wonderful timing

They're so precious! And what a wonderfully mommy!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Yay!!! What sweeties! Betty looks so happy. They look like little Torbies to me, though it can be hard to tell until they develop some more.

I'm glad you'll have some kittens to preoccupy you when you can't read.

Give Betty some love from me when you have the time, please.

"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind and found my soul." -Unknown

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
    - George Eliot

Betty just looks SO happy and proud! I love her happy feet while the mice are nursing.

Interesting you say "mice" - of course they are that tiny - but in my family growing up even adults were called mice! "Time to feed the mice."

Glad the vet got them separated safely. They look like they will thrive!

Congrats, Betty and Barbara!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This is wonderful news!!! They're all so adorable and Betty sure is a great mom. I hope they continue to thrive.

Congratulations to Betty and her staff Those babies are adorable and I can see why she is ever so proud of herself and her little family

Barbara your timing is impeccable Couldn't have done better myself Enjoy loving on all those little munchkins and please give us updates as you can. How is the rest of your family handling this situation?? Seigmar I know loves kitties and is probably smitten with them all

I hope your eyes are healing well and that you get to feeling 100% in no time at all.

Hugs from Betty and Eve
    Yours in Whiskers

• Lao Tzu

Oh, what beautiful babies! And you're right, Candace, about Betty making her happy feet while they are nursing.. I hadn't noticed that at first look, but how sweet it is!

Congratulations, Betty and babies! And thank you, Barbara.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You can see a little orange coming through the fur

Those babies are just so darn cute. I noticed in the second photo that a little orange from Mom is coming through those stripes. It appears that she mated with only one other cat... ahemmmm. Good girl.

Betty must be so happy to have such an attentive group of monitors available to her. And a Vet, too! Wow. I hope this is her last litter and that she will find a good home ... and of course, I hope her babies thrive and also find good homes.

I wish people would spay and neuter their animals.

I love widdle kittens so, SO.... I would not make a good foster Mom, as I would name them all, and TRY to keep them all.

Keep those photos coming. You know, we are all fans of photos of kittens....

Thanks for baby sitting, Barbara. I know it is difficult work, to keep your hands off the kittens, that is!

Yay! welcome, baby kittens!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678