Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tootsie

Tootsie

Bless you for giving Tootsie a loving home!!!

This story made me cry-- how can people be so cruel? I'm so happy that Tootsie found her forever home and now lives with some lovely people.

Dear Tootsie, your story has been very touching. We are so glad you finally found a loving home and could get over your hard life as a stray. Congratulations on being our Cat of the Day today- I suppose you are the first Cypriot to ever have that honor

Tootsie, so happy you now have a home.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Tootsie, a Very Blessed Kitty

Dear Friends,
    This story moved me deeply. It's the story of so many, many animals which have been deserted. We, as my family and I, from when I was small until my adulthood, have rescued quite a few from the streets or wherever it was we found them. It's not an easy thing to do at times, as the animal, whether dog or kitty, doesn't always make it because the former life was too much for them and we got there just a bit too late, which is heart-breaking. Our one solace is we gave them love for that short period of time, and they left for the Rainbow Bridge knowing someone cared..someone loved them.
    I pray the Lord blesses both of you for what you did for this wonderful kitty. Although she may be ten or twelve years old, as long as she continues to be a house kitty and NEVER goes outside again, you stand a good chance of having her quite a few more years. We had a Siamese kitty for 17 years and we currently have two kitties, one of which is 16 and the other is 12. Some kitties have been known to live to be 25 years old. It's my prayer that Tootsie gets to live a long, long life with you folks, to really experience all the love you have to give her. She's a sweet kitty and has not deserved what this world gave her before you came along. Even the people who fed her at one time did her no great favors by suddenly going home and leaving her to wait and wait...they would have been better to have just left her alone. Maybe that sounds harsh but I would have had a hard time leaving an animal like that.
    One last thing, my friends- you write very, very well. I enjoyed you story not only from the heart level but from the way it was written. You did well.
    Again, I pray the Lord blesses you for what you have done for this kitty and I pray she lives a long, happy and healthy life with you. May her days be filled with all the love, warmth, food and comfort she can handle.. and may it be the same for you, too.
    May the Lord bless and keep you both, in the Name of Jesus.
    My love to all in my Savior's Name,
    Jim Grayson
    Lexington, Kentucky "The Horse Capital of the World"
    U.S.A.

Beautiful Tootsie, you are no longer the ugly duckling and are surely devoted to your family for overlooking the superficial effects caused by being on the streets, and then welcoming you into their home. What a tear-jerker your story was, but I am so glad it had a happy ending for you. I hope the many other castaway cats experience the kindness of humans as you have, dear Tootsie!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Courageous Tootsie

What a nice story! Bless you for rescuing Tootsie. She's one of so many that are abandoned each year, but one of so few who actually find a loving home.

kellyj

she is a very lucky cat and shame on the people who abandoned her.

Tootsie what a gorgeous and blessed girl you are!!!

It's hard to write because I can't see through the tears. How could any one be so cruel to you? What a brave little heart you have. I can't tell you how thrilled I am you have a wonderful home and loving family all your own now. Bless your mommy for not giving up on you. I hope you enjoy your special day as the princess you certainly are!!!

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special and deserving Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Cat of the Day beautiful, courageous Tootsie! I can't imagine anyone with half a heart being able to read your heart wrenching story without welling up, and I too can hardly type for the tears. It's sickening to think that humans who once "loved you," your former "family," could treat you so cruelly, leaving you behind to eke out a life for yourself, alone and helpless. But thankfully those terror filled days and nights on the mean streets, the cold and the fleas and the hunger are but a distant memory now! How bravely you battled until your forever Mommy found her way to you! And how well your family's love and compassion has been repaid, for they truly found a diamond in the rough in you, Tootsie! You're a beauty, inside and out, a fighter and survivor with the heart of a lion!
    Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, precious one! I wish for you and your wonderful Mommy and Daddy, a very special day of celebration, and many, many more happy, love filled years together! Cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Tootsie! (Your photos are heart melting!!!)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello precious Tootsie,

You certainly had a very sad & lonely life after you were left all on
    your own by the people you had trusted. I am sorry you had that terrible
    experience. Bless the kind people who met you & saw beneath the dirty
    fur & sad face. Just look at you now sweetheart, a beautiful and healthy
    cat. I am so happy for you. Congratulations on being our special & brave
    CAT OF THE DAY. I wish a long & happy life for you & your loving family.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

God bless you, Tootsie, and God bless the loving family who have given you the wonderful furrever home you now have that you so richly deserve. Congratulations on being the Cat of the Day today!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Tootsie,

I just finished reading your story and the comments of the other cat lovers. I am in tears. Thank goodness for angels like your new mom and dad. All three of my cats had also been abandoned and they have brought such joy and comfort to me. You and your new mom and dad are so very lucky!!

Ruby

Tootsie, I'm so happy to hear that you now have found another loving and caring forever home. Congrats on being COTD today!!!

Tootsie

Wow, what a pretty black kitty she is now! So glad that she has a happy home. Congratulations on being Cat of the Day today!

-K.