Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What have I gotten myself into? *edit-he has a home!*

What have I gotten myself into? *edit-he has a home!*

This is Riley. I found him as a stray across the street from me. I've left my number and a brief description of him with Animal Control as well as the Humane Society, posted flyers, put a found puppy add in the newspaper, put a found puppy add on Craigs'List, as well as walked door-to-door for an hour. He really reminds me of my beloved Graham, but I can't have 3 dogs. Our house is not big enough, and my finances are not ideal for 3 dogs. We are trying to plan a move and it's going to be hard enough moving with two big dogs and 2 cats, adding another dog into the mix may sabotage our plans of ever moving out of this horrible town.

So, I have called the Humane Society and asked them for help. I want to find him a WONDERFUL home, but this town is not very pet-friendly at all, and many folks get dogs simply as back-yard pets. He's too good a dog to be forced to live in the miserable heat in a back yard. He is crate-trained, he's house-trained (except for the minor submissive piddeling), he sits on command, he sits at your feet when he greets you, he's gentle, he ADORES my children, he is incredibly mellow for a puppy, and I am totally in love with him. The Humane Society has no room, and does not accept puppies due to the diseases they can bring into the shelter. I really don't know what to do. I can not just let him get PTS. My kids are SO attached to him (and he is to them as well), but I really can't have a 3rd dog. Gosh he's a great dog. If anyone knows anyone that might be interested THE perfect puppy let me know. He's the best, easiest little puppy. I'm really hoping he goes to a home with children, he's a fabulous family dog and lets my kids lift him, drag him, lay on him, dress him up, etc etc.

Anyway, here's Riley, the BEST puppy ever!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	best puppy.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	47631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comfey riley.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	47632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	in quinn's bed.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	47633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outside riley.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	47634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riley 2.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	47635  

Last edited by AdoreMyDogs; 09-25-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Awww, he's so sweet! I hope you find a good home for him! If you were closer ... I might try to talk a certain Dad of mine into taking him, but I hope he finds a good home! Maybe ask around at church tomorrow, especially other families with kids, or even some older person who either just sent a kid of to college, or is newly widowed or single and might have an empty spot in their home to fill!
    I've Been Frosted

Try to put him up on as many Humane Society/adoption lists as you can. Maybe try a town next door if yours isn't too keen on dogs? Really hope you find the best home for him. If we were still looking for a puppy I'd nab him up in a second.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

How sweet he seems! And wow a puppy and no one admits having lost him? He sure is enjoying being with all of you.

Oh he is cute!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

What a cutie! I hope you can find him a good home soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Aww! What a sweet heart! I wish I could keep him, One Down needs a little puppy friend, I'm sure I pray that he finds a great home and that he loves being there

He's so adorable. I also hope that you'll be able to find him the perfect forever loving home. Good luck.

Awww, he's so sweet looking. He's just a little guy, wouldn't take
    up much room in a move. Since there aren't many options for him in the
    town where you are, maybe he (& you guys) will find better luck in the next
    town where you settle.

ps. I just love the pic of him snoozing in the kitchen.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I will post on my FB since I have a lot of FB friends in Texas. Don't know if anyone will respond, but it certainly can't hurt.

Thank you so much, Dusty.

I took Riley to the dog park today and he walked wonderful on a leash on our walk to and from the dog park, and he liked the dogs but LOVED the people in the dog park, especially the kids. There was a dad who had his children and Riley flocked right to the kids and did his "belly-up, rub ma belly" pose, and stuck with the kids until they left. I sure hope he can go to a home with kids!!!!

Good Luck Leslie! I told everyone at the dog park yesterday, it is a good ting you live in Texas and not Michigan anymore, or that dog would be living here by now! I just think my dogs will be dealing with enough change having a baby arrive in 2 months, that adding apuppy right now is not a good idea, Riley is such a cutie, I sure wish I could!!!

Still not a single call about Riley It's been one full week that he's been here now. I don't get it, he's the best puppy ever If you wouldn't mind sending positive thoughts/prayers that Riley finds his perfect home.

Pawsitive thoughts and prayers that Riley finds his forever home.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreMyDogs View Post
    If you wouldn't mind sending positive thoughts/prayers that Riley finds his perfect home.
    I will!
    I've Been Frosted