Thread: Bank card over charged

Bank card over charged

Took a friend out to dinner last night as it was her birthday. We went to a nice place. Had a grat time chatting.
    Service however was very bad. Jean ordered a Carpaccio as an appitizer. I ordered a drink as she did as well. Jean took her time and ate the Carpaccio which she enjoyed greatly. Twenty minutes pass, waitress does not come back to take my dinner order. By now Jean is done and pretty full.
    Finally I catch the waitress and she takes my order and Jean orders a Shrimp Bruschett. Dinner comes all is well.
    Then comes the bill. $163.00.
    I look a it and she overcharged me a hundred dollars. I mention it to her and she gives me another bill for $62.29. I sign it and this morning I checked my bank account and the $163.00 is the amount taken out. Called the resturant, spoke to the manager who said sorry we will send you a gift card and it will take a few days for the money to be returned to your account. Swell. So I am $100.00 short for about three days my bank informs me.
    I did not leave her a tip, first time I have done that. Now I am ok but lots of people would not be if $100.00 was overcharged to their account. I guess this happens quite often the bank informs me.
    From now on I pay cash.

Unfortunately this is all too common lately. It would be better if they went to wireless devices that they bring to your table rather than paper receipts. Too much opportunity for the less than honest to take advantage of a customer.

WOW! I am glad you spoke to the manager!

I've never had something like that happen.

we had this happen once about 6 years ago. Went to a restaurant. service was HORRIBLE. left the girl a 1 cent tip... figured it sent more of a message than 0 lol only to find out she put the tip in as $50

Called the restaurant. girl was fired. we got our money back. end of story and we've never had it happen again at any restaurant thank goodness

sorry it happened to you. A lesson in why people need to check their bank accounts and statements regularly. A lesson to pay attention. Glad you caught it

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com