Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What smart phone do you have?

What smart phone do you have?

Soo.... I'm getting my first smart phone next weekend. (I know, behind the times) I'm just wondering what phones some of you have, what you like about them or don't, etc. Learning things on cell phones comes easy to me, so I don't care about how complicated it is or not.

My main thing is I can't decide between an Iphone or going with an android. I REALLY love the HTC Evo but I have Verizon Wireless.

My bro and boyfriend, both tech guys, tell me opposite. My boyfriend says go with the IPhone and my brother says go with an Android.

I know its just a phone, but I use mine a lot and don't replace them every year, so I want something I'm happy with.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I just got my first smartphone too .

I have the LG Optimus V from Virgin Mobile.

Androids are great, some support Adobe flash, while an iPhone does not. If you think you're going to need flash support, I'd consider the iPhone.

The only thing that I don't like about my phone is the crappy battery life, but I believe that's to be expected with all smartphones, even the iPhone.

I think you'd be happy with either. I don't really find much difference in iPhone versus Android. I think it's mostly a personal preference whether you want an apple operating system or a google powered operating system.

Good luck and let us know what you choose!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I just got my first smartphone, too! This weekend, in fact.

I got the Droid 3. I ordered it from Verizon online, should have it in a couple of days. I have heard good things, aside from the battery life issue. But I hear that about all of them. I went with the Droid 3 because I really like having a little keyboard to do my texting on. I'm old, and like being able to type on a keyboard instead of the screen.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I have an HTC Evo. It's not a bad phone by any means, but the BATTERY LIFE is enough to annoy the crap out of me. That is one thing I can say I absolutely HATE about this phone. It didn't seem that bad at first, but now that I have no time to do anything on the actual computer, alot of my FB updating/tweets/etc are on my phone, the battery life of the stock battery was really sucking. I bought a $7 extended battery off Amazon and it has significantly helped but it isn't the greatest. The Android Market is absolutely fantastic though, it has a much better free app market then Apple does. Another thing I don't like about my Evo is that they charge you $10 a month for 4G and I never even use the freakin' 4G feature because it is barely available in my area, and not available in many others. I suppose that's just Sprint's doing though.

I've had the phone for a year almost, and I haven't had any major issues with it. It has a mind of its own like most phones of mine tend to have But overall, I like it. Sprint is finally getting the Iphone in October and I'm thinking of switching to that as I am can buy a new one at a discounted price come October 1st. If I do, I have my EVO as a back up in case anything happens to it.

Good luck in your Smartphone search, there are ALOT of options out there!

I have a dumb phone. It's a tracphone.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I have an iPhone, and had a roommate with an Android. He switched over to iPhone, because he hated the Android. I like my phone. I'm not particular at all, though.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I have a land line.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    I have a land line.

I still have one of those too! I know a lot of people that are going with their cell phones only and no longer having a land line. I am afraid to get rid of my land line.

It's a bad idea to get rid of your land line, as if you dial 911 from a cell phone, they have no idea where you are, but if you dial it from a land line, their computer system can always find you!

Paul has an iPhone, it's perfectly fine. We don't use our cell phones a lot, but his always works when he needs it!
    I've Been Frosted

I got my first smart phone about a month ago. It is an HTC Status and I have AT&T. I like it becuase, like Crystal, I prefer to have a real keyboard verses the virtual keyboard. I'm not a huge fan of touch screens. But this has both. I'm getting use to the touch screen.
    I love my phone! I've been sick for the past four days and this phone has kept me in touch with facebook and entertained me when I'm not sleeping. I do have to charge the battery every night, but that's not a big deal. Sometimes I even have to charge it during the day if I use it alot (like right now, I was talking to my sister on facebook chat earlier).
    The other great thing is I got the minimum data plan at $15 a month for 200MB and I think that is fine for me. When I'm home I connect to the WiFi and that doesn't use any of my data usage. Beautiful! Especially the past four days.
    My boyfriend got the HTC Inspire and he LOVES it as well. It's more like an iphone. Of course he loves it because he had a horrible phone and plan for a while before coming back to AT&T.
    I can't give an opinion of iphone or android. But I have several family members with iphones and they like them just as much as we like ours. Haven't learned of any major differring factors.......yet.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I have a droid phone, the Samsung Continuum. It is a touchscreen, which took some adjusting, but I love it now. I have large hands and the small keys were frustrating.

I had a Blackberry Curve for a year. It had problems (was rushed to market) so one day when I had had enough, I went to Verizon and said enough. That's what I like about Verizon, They will work with you.

So IMO, don't get a Blackberry. It required updates every two weeks. I don't think the continuum has ever updated or not that I noticed.

The other carriers in this area are not the greatest in support so that's why I stay with Verizon.

You know, I wondered why this thing had WiFi on it. I think I've not been paying attention. hmmmph
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I have an Iphone that my work gave me, and I like it, I guess It makes my job a billion times easier, but if I didn't need it for work I doubt it'd get much use. I do really like getting my emails on it though, and I use the map feature daily. (I'm just trying not to get attached to it so I won't be heartbroken when I give it back in 6 months).

I do find random addicting games that I obsess over for a period of time, then move on to the next random addicting game.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I just got my first smartphone, too! This weekend, in fact.

I got the Droid 3. I ordered it from Verizon online, should have it in a couple of days. I have heard good things, aside from the battery life issue. But I hear that about all of them. I went with the Droid 3 because I really like having a little keyboard to do my texting on. I'm old, and like being able to type on a keyboard instead of the screen.
    I was actually thinking about this phone too. I too think I would miss having an actual keyboard to type on. Let me know how you like it!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It's a bad idea to get rid of your land line, as if you dial 911 from a cell phone, they have no idea where you are, but if you dial it from a land line, their computer system can always find you!

Paul has an iPhone, it's perfectly fine. We don't use our cell phones a lot, but his always works when he needs it!
    I actually heard on the news the other day that they are now making it so that when you call 911 they will be able to tell where you are on a cell phone. Just a kind of GPS system I guess.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Alyssa,

My boyfriend has an Evo also and my brother just got the Evo 3D. I like it from what I've used of them.
    Battery life unfortunately is the let down of any touch screen now a days. I'm sure they'll eventually make a new technology so that they last longer.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll let you know what I decide!

Sure wish they would tell me exactly what day the IPhone 5 comes out though.... I would hate to buy the 4th one because I know the 5 comes out in September sometime! I'll bet they'll be on back order though.

I'm thinking about the Incredible 2, Droid 3, and Thunderbolt right now.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*