Thread: Vet in the Twin Cities Metro Area

Vet in the Twin Cities Metro Area

Hi all,

I know i havent been on here much. I dont ever use my computer but I need some help. Since I have moved to twin cities I have been having a REALLY hard time finding a vet that is good and doesnt cost me an arm and a leg. So i am asking everyone in the metro area to suggest some vets to me. I want someone that is patient and knows what they are talking about and doesnt rush me because I feel like i ask a lot of questions. I would greatlyappreciate if people would suggest their vets to me! Thank you so much!

I'm not from that area, but I have a few suggestions:
    - check with a feral cat rescue, see who they use. In my experience, they are often lower priced. HOWEVER, they may not all be good. The rescue used one who I felt should have his license lifted!
    - post on craigslist for your area, in the PET section (Community, top left). Don't use your email addy for replies, use the CL generated one, so folks don't know who you are. You WILL get some jerks responding, but you will ALSO get great info.

Do an online search:
    vet twin cities reviews

Read through some. Be aware that EVERYONE is going to have some unhappy customers. Look for patterns, like improper prescription directions (that is what I hit with the one mentioned above), over prescribing tests, and such.

We have a not for profit in our area, fantastic prices! And the vet was in DC and delivered Millie the White House dog's puppies. Great guy! They tend to have a 6 week wait for spay / neuter appts. I just wish they were closer to me, not really convenient for a regular vet.

Good luck!