Thread: Benefit walk

Benefit walk

Dear PT members,
    My daughter and I will be walking in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk.

It is Sat September 24, 2011. It's a mile or two walk and you have to raise $100.00 in donations to walk.

We are walking in honor all people who have this disease and the two men, both fathers and husbands whom we personally knew who died.
    John was a family friend and such an incredible man. He was a professer at Baldwin-Wallace College here in Ohio. How he loved his family...........
    Mark too was a wonderful loving man, I never met him, Alicia dated the son, so I got to know him through her words and the kindness he always had for Alicia. I did go to the viewing and saw all the love and felt the extreme loss.
    He kept an on line diary and the pain he had to endure, I had no idea how bad the suffering is. It made me weep to read what people go through.
    Even now more then a year later his words haunt me.
    They left behind 9 children all together.
    So.................
    This is something we can do to make it better. To help find a cure to ease the pain of families and I so want to help.

If you would like to donate any monies or if you are in the Cleveland area and want to join our team and walk please PM me.

Any amount of money to stop this horrid disease will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    Monica

Dear PT family,
    I am reposting this because not one person has responded, not one. I wasn't expecting a ton but I did think that there would be some who would give $5.00 for this cause.
    So I am asking again and hoping that some of you will donate.
    Thank you,
    Monica

I didn't see this until now. I posted a link last year about the Light the Night Walk, I didn't get any replies either.

I will donate a few dollars tomorrow.

It's hard for people to donate sometimes when it doesn't directly affect them. My 22 year old cousin that I'm close to was diagnosed with a non curable form of Leukemia last year. He has a four year old daughter and so much life ahead of him.

I plan on going to the one here in October, I believe it is.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Thank you.
    I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. Life can be so odd. Some people take their own life while others fight like heck to live.
    Others waste their lives on bad choices, bad marriages, drugs, or behavior that is dangerous to them, while others are afraid of everything and everyone and anything new.
    Nursing homes are filled with the undead in comas and on life support at 102 hanging on and two year olds die of cancer.
    Life is unfair and always a surprise.
    So I always say grab life by the balls and run with it.
    Tomorrow might not be there for you.

Here is my new do, I have pink in my hair. And why not. Maybe next time it will be be green or blue.