Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Sweet Bun Bun

My Sweet Bun Bun

My Honeybun

What can I say about my sweet little man? You were basically dropped on my doorstep by a couple who couldn’t manage your attitude about not using the litter box any longer (you didn’t like the new man in her life and let her know it). No one wanted a older FIV+ cat. The only other solution was to put you in a tiny shelter out on a farm where you would never be adopted and you would hate being around all the other cats. You wanted space and you wanted a person all of you own. So, in 2004, you came to live with me. You were 7-10 years old at that time.

It took us time to bond, but bond we did. We snuggled on the sofa together, we ate dinner together (you always getting the choicest cuts of whatever I was eating, because that was just me showing you how much I loved you). You loved your shrimp fried rice, and would steal my shriimps from it every time I ordered it, lol. You even liked french fries and when it came to hoagies, watch out, because you wanted all the smoked turkey, bacon and ham that came on it! I let you want for nothing. You were my man.

When you first started showing signs of age I was sad. I knew that as an FIV+ cat you could live a long life, but you neeed to be kept healthy. I did everything I could to do that. I bought the best foods, took you to the vet regularly, and made sure you had everything your little heart desired.

When we found out in 2010 that you had cancer of the mouth in 2 different places, things changed rapidly. You no longer could eat the good food I bought. You had to have so many teeth pulled, and what teeth weren’t pulled you had tumors growing over them. So I decided to make my own chicken babyfood just for you, and you loved it! You ate it 4-5 times a day, and gained weight back and were looking so healthy, I thought this was the answer.

Unfortunately, when summer came, so did more problems. They came on rapidly, and they took you from me suddenly. I had no idea the pain you were in until it was too late. I’m so sorry for that. I would never have made you suffer a day in your life had I known what you were going through. FIV didn’t take your body and your health... internal bleeding, anemia, and your kidneys shutting down eventually did that.

I was with you when Dr. Karen took you from this life, and I’m hoping so hard that where you are now you are without pain and you are running free and feel like a kitten again. I need to believe this. I could never do anything to hurt my Bun Bun intentionally. I hope you like where we buried you, up by Finae, along the rose bushes and the flowering plants. It overlooks the rest of the farm, and you can hear all the birds in the trees where my dad has all the feeders and nesting shells hung.

I loved you so much. I just want you to know that. You were my Bun Bun... my sweet old man, you almost made it to 20 years, and that is amazing to me. I’m going to miss you so much, and no one will ever replace you in my heart. I do want you to know I adopted Laslo/Calloway so that I could care for another FIV+ cat, so that there would not be another one like you stuck in a shelter waiting for a home. I hope that he loves my home as much as you did. He will never replace you, but hopefully your spirit will live on through him.

I love you my Bun. You willl always be in my heart.

I am so sorry, Jenn, for your loss. What a sweet touching tribute to him you have written.

Rest in peace, Honeybun. You are greatly loved and deeply missed.

Pat (with LES) and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

A very sweet tribute, Jenn, we're all teary eyed with you.

Godspeed to the Bridge, dear HoneyBun, play well. Peace to your Mom.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

What a loving tribute! He knows he was loved til the very end!

Godspeed Bun Bun. Play hard at the RB.

(((hugs))) to you Jen!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

RIP baby Bun Bun && Play Hard At The Bridge

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    RIP Honeybun. All is well now...........

Peace to you, Jenn.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Jen, I've followed along and posted right along.

Now I am all teared up and can barely type. Hugs to you.

That was beautiful Jen. I know for a fact that he knew how much you loved him. And he is happy and pain-free, romping around will all the other pets (yes, he likes to play with other kitties now) just waiting for...one fine day.

Big Hugs to you Jennie.

RIP Honeybun
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

So sorry for your loss. Sending my thoughts and prayers.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

Rest in peace, dear boy. Send you Momma some purrs in her dreams, so she knows everything is okay again, would you?
    I've Been Frosted

Jenn,
    Your tribute is beautiful! My thoughts are with you.

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy from a beautiful woman. Jennie, he is well now, and in no pain. The final act of love is the hardest. Hugs to you.

Jenn, what a wonderful tribute. Letting him go was the right thing to do and now he is painfree and able to run and play again. Try to remember all of the good times that you had together. RIP sweet Honeybun. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I am so sorry about Honey Bun, but he is pain free. Play hard at the bridge, Honey Bun!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I'm so sorry for your loss of Bun Bun.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla