Thread: Agressive Shepherd

Hybrid View

Agressive Shepherd

Help!!Iv got one Agressive Shepherd......He is mean to my poor ole Choo Choo(BC).......SHe was layin at the pin gate today wi'll i was doing ranch yard work whinning while Sport my GSD was biting her and pulling her by the ears and tails.....So i went and got some water in my flower pail and threw it at Sport well it hit the side of the pail and came back and drenched me with water.......it was cold and fortantly though Sport got the idea and ran to the porch......normally Chewy fights back........but now the poor girl is given up...i dont allow them to fight,so Chewy wont fight back now because she always gets into trouble when she does.......but Sport on the other hand is hard headed(yes that was mean)and wont quit.......my dad said SHOCK COLLAR!! and i hate thoses but now Shock Collar doent seem like a bad idea...if it dosent Stop ,Sock Collars cumin out.....and if it dosnet stop after that we are going to have to do........well thats where i need help....im looking for a job at the moment so that i can get money to get into classes and buy things...food,bedding,and houses,cat litter, and toys for my critters........so that my mom&dad dont have to buy all this stuff for MY critters of which i should be paying for.....they havent said this but I would like to really help out by buying things for them.......any ways back to the subject does any one have any ideas on stopping Sport?!

Thanks
    Kay

FcR
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCA(Future Cledus's of America)
    FTC(Future Twister Chaser)
    FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)
    FFA(Future Farmers of America)

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Hey Kay,

Just wondering, Sport and Chewy are fairly close in age right? If that's the case the reason Sport might be acting so aggresively towards Chewy is that she's trying to challenge her for her place in the pack or at least establish which of them is the more dominate dog. If that's the case then the only advise i can give is let them sort it out.

If Sport starts to get after Chewy let her, Chewy will then have to defend herself instead of depending on mom to defend her which could be part of the problem. I know it sounds kind of harsh and stuff but if that's the probelm it could be the only way to help put an end to it. If things get to harsh however like blood and stuff then by all means jump in, but if otherwise just stand off to the side and let things happen.

All dogs go through this, Smudge and Winter went through it for a short period of time, all of my friends dogs go through it, my friends actually going through with it right now with her dogs.

Letting them sort through it on their own is probably the best way tough because if you keep correcting Sport when she starts after Chewy it could actually breed even more agression not only towards Chewy and other dogs.

Hope this helps
    Tracy
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Sport is 9 months and Chewy is 2 years old....its not alpha or any thing Sport is playing but yes damage has been done.....Chewy had scratches on her nose and bite marks on her nose....thats when i got really worried because like you had posted to wait it out.....thats what we had to do with Chewy and Daisy(sheltie 5yrs)and Chewy was the alpha dog and eventualy it stopped but this with Chewy and Sport is totally diffrent if im not mistaken....

Thanks for your help though dominate dog might be the problem but I dont think thats it....

Thanks

Kay

FcR
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCA(Future Cledus's of America)
    FTC(Future Twister Chaser)
    FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)
    FFA(Future Farmers of America)