Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Visit From Beyond??

A Visit From Beyond??

I was sitting here at my computer and felt a cat rub against one leg and then the other. I looked around, thinking it was Chelsea but then noticed the door was closed and she wasn't in the room....

I know some of you have said you have been "visited" by your RB kitties but this is the first time I felt like it happened to me. For some reason, I think it might have been Winston although I'm not sure why....wishful thinking, probably.....

My heart is still pounding....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Awwww, it was nice of Winston to visit like that!
    I've Been Frosted

Isn't it wonderful?!

You're not alone in your experience. Since he passed away a year ago, Chessie has come back to visit either Casey or myself (in one case both of us) at least 10 times that I know of. On three of those occasions, I've felt whiskers and breathing on my hand, foot, or leg and looked expecting to see Casey or Smokey but instead not seeing anybody. Even though he's supposed to move on to wait for me and Casey, his visits are welcome since this is always his home.

I've never had a visit personally, but I do believe Paizly saw Taz shortly after he passed. It's only happened once that I know of. I'm thinking she's use to his visits now and isn't as freaked out as she was that first time.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hobbes visits me and Calvin every so often. Sometimes Calvin stares in the direction of the bedroom and I know he's here. Miss my big guy.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kuhio has visited me several times over the years. Usually when I'm away from home. I'll feel a cat jump up on the bed and look around -- no kitties within miles of my room. I always talk to her and thank her for visiting. Figure it can't hurt.

Halo? I've never felt her visit. But that is her personality. Never liked to draw any attention to herself.

It's a great feeling, isn't it?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I felt that frequently after Morris passed. He would always rub against my legs when I was on the computer. I'd feel it, reach down to pet thinking it was Buddy and realize that there was no one around and nothing that could have possibly caused that sensation. I would feel cold air around my legs prior to it.

When I'm really sad and stressed out I have a dream where I step out on the porch and Tiger greets me. It's disconcerting at first, but once I wake up after having "spent some time with him", I feel very at peace.

"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind and found my soul." -Unknown

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
    - George Eliot

It is a pretty cool experience.

I had it happen to me once. I don't remember why I had stepped out onto my deck one evening but as I was standing in the doorway looking out into the yard I felt a cat at my ankles. I looked down and there was no cat there. I thought it had to be my RB kitty Kit-Kat. I just remember what a calming effect it had on me.

Here's one - not a cat one, but a dog one that will give you a smile.

When I was a kid growing up, we always had a dog. Always a pretty big one, too - there was the German Shepherd mix, then Saint Bernard, then Great Dane mix. When I was a junior and senior in college, I moved out of the dorms and lived with a mom and young daughter, they had no pets. My role was basically to be the child's nanny, though we never called it that. Anyway, one night, I had been out very late, I don't even remember why. So when I came home, I entered very quietly, stepped inside, patted the dog and was most of the way to my room when it dawned on me where I was, and that no dog lived there. It wasn't a ghost, though, a very real irish Setter was quietly walking me to my room - cousins from Vermont were visiting for the weekend, and brought Zoe with them! The next morning they were kind of surprised she hadn't made any noise when I came in, but Zoe and I "knew" each other on sight, no fuss needed. Her job was to greet me at the door, my job was to give her some love!
    I've Been Frosted

My RB Pepper has visited me several times. Shortly after he passed, I was sleeping one night and I heard someloud purring. I also felt a cat on my bed. I opened my eyes and nothing was there. I knew it was Pepper. Once I woke up because my shoulder was aching. I sat up and I saw a cat walk by with a big bushy tail. I thought it was Sky. Then it walked by me again and I turned the lights on and there were no cats in my bedroom. I had closed the door. I knew it was my Pepper. I know he's visited my other cats too. When I asked a pet pyschic about Pepper she received the message yellow walls. She didn't understand what this meant. I told her that I had just painted my walls yellow. This proves that he was visiting me. I haven't seen him in a long time and I wish he'd show himself to me again.

I've never seen my RB Starr but a former roommate has seen him a few times. I've only caught glimpses of my RB Sunny out of the corner of my eye. I know that probably both of them have visited my other cats. Sometimes my cats just stare at nothing and Pearl will start meowing like crazy at something on the wall and nothing is there. They all know that they're welcome to visit me any time.

I know my Patch is still around. I have not seen her and we joke that she wrote the book. Mits and Lucky have read the book and I think that she keeps an eye on them as they will do exactly the things that she would. Like put me to bed, Mits has to make sure I go to bed on time. If I get up during the night he has to start al over again. Patch love to play ball, lucky has turned that into a game of fetch.
    If I get sick then I have 2 making sure that I stay in bed, Patch would sit on my chest so that I could not get up. She did this only when I was sick, this is the only time the Lucky will do this on the bed.
    Pic's are Patch, Lucky, Mits (Mittens)
    It takes the 2 boys to do her job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PATCH2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	47566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LUCKY_102410.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	47567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MITSa_033111.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	815.9 KB 
ID:	47568  
    GILL & Crew;

I see My Found Cats all the time, and we often have a picnic with a hot dog, chips and water.
    I see them at Tony Romas, Poco Loco and the Centre Food Court!!!
    We have quite a gathering when we dine out!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Some of them definitely do come back occasionally. I've had several RB pets over the years that have done this. Not only do I feel them, but other pets in the house have seen them. It's been a long time since we've had any visits tho - guess they are satisfied that all is well and they don't have to check on us anymore. I miss those visits tho...........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

A few months after our Kitty died, I was driving and in my head I heard her talking to me (she just knew things that only Kitty would know). I started crying and she told me to stay with my bf and not leave him because he would be needing me in the future. About 4 months later his mother and his cat died withing 2 days of each other. Strange. Every so often she would 'visit' and remind me not to leave him. The night he had his fatal heart attack, I had worked late and was not going to go to his house but I heard Kitty say in my head to go "he will need you". I went and I was the only one there when he had his heart attack and I was the one who called for help and signed him in at the hospital. If I hadn't been there, he would have died alone. Yes, I believe they visit us. I haven't "heard" from Kitty since that night, but she accomplished her mission, I guess.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!