Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me something lovely that your cat does

Tell me something lovely that your cat does

I'm missing Limpet today Couldn't get to the SPCA to visit my little ambivalent calico cat with the knickerbocker back legs this weekend, and I'm feeling the lack.

Tell me something lovely that your cat does. I don't care what it is - a behaviour, a habit, a one-time-only thing that happened, an attitude or prejudice or preference, a particular tone to their miaow . . . anything so long as it makes you happy Tell me several things, if you like. Cheer me up!

And P.S. Thanks.
    "Hoe sou jy wat so baie reis die wonderlike mense van ons land beskryf?"
    En ek se vir hom, "Man, Johan. Die meeste mense is maar lekker zef"
    - Valiant Swart

Havoc "kills" several of his toys every evening and leaves them beside my bed as "gifts" before he climbs up and sleeps on top of me

Buddy...my Mr. Love Bug. This morning I was in the bathroom doing what one does there first thing in the morning and he was just head bumping me the whole time and doing his figure 8's. I just keep talking to him the whole time saying..."oh Bubba (nickname) mama loves you" or I say "who loves you" and he says "mrahhhhh" purring big purrs the whole time.

Luigi meows and goes up on his hind legs, front paws up, to be held. And snuggles comfortably on my shoulder.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Quote Originally Posted by ToBeEvergreen View Post
    Luigi meows and goes up on his hind legs, front paws up, to be held. And snuggles comfortably on my shoulder.
    That is sweet.
    Buddy is the only one of my 3 that will let me hold him and I have to grab him for that.

Oh my where to start? Zoe writhes and wriggles when on my lap - I call her my 'wriggley piglet'! - and other times she will curl up tight with her soft little head against my hand and nap. She is tiny and so adorable. She will also "murp" and rush off with a spring and a gallop for no reason - she makes me laugh with her kittenish antics. And she is 10 years old!

Oscar...how he talks to me, rarely a "meow". I call him "my muttering boy". He moves to my pillow every morning and grooms anything he can find - hair, nose, cheeks, forehead.

Cole - big black fluffy guy has a high loud MEOW and wants grooming or head rubs or tummy rubs. He's not a lap kitty, but loves being loved, and is the only one of the three to greet guests. He is totally fine with strangers.

I love my babies!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Storm isn't lap cat but sometimes he likes to cuddle up with me in bed. When I'm on my back, he'll lay in between my arm and body and he'll lay his head near my shoulder.

Sky is the only cat that I can rub my nose against his nose. I call it giving him nose kisses. All of my other cats back away if I try to get this close. He also likes to sometimes watch tv with me.

When Pearl is in my bathroom on the counter, I'll tap my chest and she'll stretch up and give me kisses. If I say "mama" to her she'll sometimes repeat this back to me.

Ziggy Stardust will do the quiver tail while I'm petting her because she gets over come with emotion. It looks like she's trying to spray but nothing comes out. I guess she really does love me. I learned about this on the internet.

Alani loves me to hold him and to give him his daily hugs. He'll then put his head on my shoulder. He's quite heavy so I after a few minutes I have to put him down. If it was up to him, I think he could be in my arms getting hugs all day long.

Blaze will show me his belly and just look so cute that I have to give him a belly rub. He'll also chirp and squeak at me. When he purrs he has a nice loud motor too.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Alani loves me to hold him and to give him his daily hugs. He'll then put his head on my shoulder. He's quite heavy so I after a few minutes I have to put him down. If it was up to him, I think he could be in my arms getting hugs all day long.

Maybe Alani would like you to get one of those baby-sling things. Probably not a snugli, one of those across-the-body hammock thingies. Then you could wear him all day and still have two hands free for dispensing cat food
    - Valiant Swart

4:30 AM
    Clank, clank, clank
    Me: "What the...?" Find my glasses, put the light on. Cassie is tapping the metal blinds against the window with her paw. I have no idea how she figured out how to do that.
    Cassie: "Murp" Translation: Sorry I woke you, human. But since you are awake now, please open the blind for me so I can watch the early birds out the window. Oh, and open the window for me. Then you can go back to sleep. She hops up on the little dresser next to the bedroom window.

4:50 AM
    Cassie: "Aak, aak, aak..." A funny little noise she makes only at this early hour, while she's watching the birds.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    4:30 AM
    Cassie: "Murp"
    MURP!??! I want a cat who goes murp! I've heard the ack-ack-ack noise a lot, but I've never been murped. I feel deprived

Very occasionally Limpet would get in a sulk. It was agonizing. She'd come and find you wherever you were, with this dank baleful look on her face, and give you this Long Meaningful Stare just so you'd know she was Not Happy with you. And then when you'd had The Stare, she would slowly and deliberately Turn Her Back. You had to be sooooo careful not to laugh when her back was turned because she'd sneak little peeks to see if it was working on you. And if she caught you laughing, oh boy.

She did this to me and my ex her very first day home from the vet. Everything was lovely, she thought - and then we suddenly seized her and put mite-oil into her ears, and force-fed her a whole syringe full of banana-flavoured amoxycillin. Not only did she stalk into the computer room to sulk at us afterwards, when we turned our faces away (because we couldn't control them) she'd get up from where she had been and very carefully walk round in front of our faces again, just so she could repeat the Back Turn. She had us trapped too; we couldn't get at the door.
    - Valiant Swart

Maxx, my currently sick lil boy has to touch me somewhere, be it face, arm, chest, hair, neck while he is sleeping next to me. It never fails and he purrs so loud until he falls asleep. Makes me feel very loved!

Mac is my snuggle boy. When I am in bed, on the computer, or watching t.v., he is on me, purring away. Ming is just a beautiful cat with his big, blue, eyes and when you talk to him, he either chirps or murps. Adorabel when such little sounds come out of a big boy. Kimba is my wild child, a one-cat destruction derby. He is almost always in hyper speed and love to play. When you reach to pet him, he starts to play with your hand. Now that he is starting to mature, he is discovering affection and he give the absolute best head-bumpies I've ever experienced. Plus, he melts when you give him chin scritchies.

fairrobin, how is Maxx doing today? I hope he is well on the way to recovery!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

More "murp"s!?! I thought my cat was the only one who did that. My brother calls him "Murp" sometimes because of it .
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Bentley is our new kitty, I love how he tries to meow. A little sound comes out and it is no where close to a meow.

Katladyd, thank you for asking about Maxx. He has only had a small dose of sedative, he has been calm, alert, loving and no tail shredding! Yay!