Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thinking it's the end for Honeybun: 11:30AM Friday time/day set

He is gone now. He went very peacefully. The vet said it was more than time for him. His kidneys were shutting down, he was anemic, and yes, bleeding internally. He hid all day and all last night in his little closet and wouldn't come out, even for his beloved chicken.

I keep trying to think of the positive times and the funny things he did... like steal all the shrimps out of my shrimp fried rice the one time, or eating my french fries, or just thinking about that sweet little face looking into the dining room waiting for his chicken.

I will miss him dearly.

God bless you, Jenn. Peace and comfort to you. You did good. He is healthy and strong again, playing happily with all the other Angels as he awaits that grand reunion.. One Fine Day..

What a wonderful, long. happy life Honeybun shared with you!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and to you,

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It really is for the best. Now he and Finae are together and they can swap cat stories. RIP, Honeybun. You will be missed. And peace to your humans.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Jenn,
    Thinking of you!

Thank you for doing the kind and compassionate thing, Jenn. I know he appreciates it. Never again will he feel pain or confusion, only peace. You are in my prayers.

RIP Honeybun.

"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind and found my soul." -Unknown

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
    - George Eliot

Jenn, you did the right thing and now Honeybun is pain free. I know it hurts right now but you'll meet again one fine day. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Hugs. I'm so sorry.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It took courage, and it wasn't easy for you, but you the right thing of helping him cross the Bridge. Hugs and prayers.

http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm
    Last edited by TommyCat; 08-21-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: words not correct

I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    He is gone now. He went very peacefully. The vet said it was more than time for him. His kidneys were shutting down, he was anemic, and yes, bleeding internally. He hid all day and all last night in his little closet and wouldn't come out, even for his beloved chicken.

I keep trying to think of the positive times and the funny things he did... like steal all the shrimps out of my shrimp fried rice the one time, or eating my french fries, or just thinking about that sweet little face looking into the dining room waiting for his chicken.

I will miss him dearly.

Today is a 3 week anniversary that my beloved cat & best friend, had passed away. I don't know what time but I went in to check at about 9:45 AM she had passed. I don't want to go into graphic detail... but it was a nightmare. Fancy had a long battle with kidney failure. She too was lethargic and I believe even when trying to vomit, blood would come out. I cleaned some up on the bathroom floor. I have her ashes and I still talk to her & even sleep with Fancy's ashes too. I know this is about your loss so I will make my own Fancy loss thread but I wanted you to know I too just suffered the same loss.

I should have not been so self-ish but she passed at home and it was the most excrutiating pain to me & Fancy. I'm sorry for you loss. Its a slow process.

Jen, there is a delete button for "friends" on FB. I would use it for this guy!
    He is no longer on my friend list. I was so tired of his constant badgering of me, and he kept it up all weekend when I saw him in person. It took my boyfriend to threaten to physically hurt him to make him shut up and leave me alone. He actually unfriended me, but I am not sorry about it one bit.