Thread: Ming has a little problem

Ming has a little problem

Ming was picking on Kimba constantly and finally got what he had coming; Kimba bit him...hard. I didn't see it and Ming's fur covered it, but a couple of days ago I noticed a hard lump on his left side. It hurt him when you touched it, but he was eating well acting perfectly normal. I thought it might have been a cyst and was going to make a vet appt. for him after payday. Yesterday he was growling when you touch it and it was two smaller lumps instead of one big one. Today, he was licking it and it suddenly started draining, a lot!! He recovered quickly and within a half hour was completely back to normal. He used the litter box, ate well, drank well, and is now napping in one of his favorite places. I put some Neosporin on it and he seems happy. I know he should go to the vets NOW, but I am pretty well broke for another week and I am taking care of him. I am just so frustrated that this happened when I have no money because I take my kitties to the vet's religiously. In fact, Ming has an appointment for a checkup, along with Mac, next month. Has anyone had experience with anything like this? By the way, Kimba is up to date on his shots, is fixed, and is perfectly healthy (thank God!)
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Wow, my cats get irritate w/ one another now and again and hiss, but I don't think any has ever actually had a fight! Fur flying, yup, get that now and again (mostly Mandy and Tommy, who are now separated).

Sounds like a bite, which got infected, nature took over and it healed. Wonder if that will stop the taunting?

Mention it at the vet check, ask what you can do to help the healing if anything, should it happen again.

I would just keep an eye on it, make sure he doesn't lick the Neosporin off, and make sure it looks like it is healing fine.
    I've Been Frosted

Trust me, Ming no longer picks on Kimba. It was so bad, Kimba cowered from Ming. I guess he just decided he'd had enough! Mac growls at him, and gives some half-hearted swipes at him, but nothing dangerous. Ming went in with claws and fangs bared. He no longer does that at all! This morning Ming let me touch the scabs, all that is left of a large, sore, lump, and seems much better. He did lick some of the Neosporin off but he hasn't shown any reaction. There was about a cup or more of infection that drained out, it just streamed out of him. He seems much more relaxed and happy today. I am keeping a close eye on it, but nature did seem to have done her job. It could infect again, so I will keep cleaning it and watching Ming.

It sounds like it was an abcess. It's a good thing that it started draining on it's own or the infection could've spread and made him very sick or even killed him. I hope he continues to recover quickly and that there will be no more biting. Good luck.

I see another sore on his side and I know Kimba has not bit him again. Maybe it was one that was hidden under his fur and I didn't see it until now. Anyway, it is scabbing over like the others and Ming is eating, drinking, sleeping and everything else normally. I hope it stays this way until next month. Ming has always been my most delicate kitty healthwise, which is funny since he is by far the biggest of my furkids.