Thread: The relationships between our dogs and other pets

The relationships between our dogs and other pets

It fascinates me to see how dogs get along with other dogs and pets. The cutest thing in the world is a dog cuddled up to another dog, a cat, a deer!

Just thought we could share the special relationships our dogs have with other animals!

The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Missy and Jake

Layla and Jake
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Very cute. I don't have any pictures but when I was around 8 years old, my cat Puff had a litter of kittens and the family dog Lucky became their second mother. She would wash them, play with them and even carry them around by the scruff of the neck. Puff trusted Lucky with them and she probably liked having some help because she wasn't even a year old yet. Puff and Lucky were also best friends.

Hot off the press, just got this pic.

Don't mind the handle off that drawer, Jake just keeps knocking it off.
    Forever in my heart...

Lily, Domino, and Tallulah all love to play with each other, and sometimes Lily and Domino cuddle at night
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Annette - your crew is just so darn cute in the way they lay with each other. Bestest buddies!
    My 2 Fuzzbuttz tolerate my son's 2 brat cats, but there is no love there, that's for sure. Of course, I've never seen 2 cats with such attitudes either. I don't think they like themselves! They're about 8 years old and been here since they were tiny kittens, and one of them still hisses at everyone except my DIL. The other finally got to be friendly with me about a year ago - but on her terms of course.
    So the cats lay together, and the dogs lay together, but never the 4 shall meet (that way)!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thanks Ellie. My RB Sassy was not a very friendly cat. She loved me but, like you said, on her terms. She would always tease the dogs!
    Forever in my heart...

Good idea for a thread. I wish my dogs enjoyed laying with each other. Frankly, they pretty much just tolerate each other. The occasional play fight, but they wouldn't cuddle together. It is a RARE day that either of them are laying down touching.
    One day I walked into my mom's room where Sam's kennel is. Both Molli and Sammy were sleeping in the same bed I didn't have my camera there with me and Molli got out as soon as she saw me.
    Springen would be a cuddly type of dog. He LOVES other dogs. But my dogs dislike him very much. haha

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Ole is my lover boy and loves any animal or person he comes into contact with

Ole and megs

Ole and my ferret Bubbles

Ole and sister Keva. He loves his little sister. Just yesterday she was having a "nightmare" (she was crying and flailing in her sleep) Ole got up, laid next to her and put his head on her back. She instantly stopped crying.

Ole and "his" foster kittens
    Sorry for so many pictures but it was hard to choose just one!

We had an adult black retriever who had been the only family animal since his puppyhood. Then one day my brother brought home two tiny feral kittens, lord knows how young, but they still had those triangle tails and the little round ears . . . The dog almost went out of his mind with delight. We had to get them both emergency surgery for hernias and he never left the door we'd shut them behind until they could come out. Then he followed them around washing them so hard they couldn't get their chins off the floor and their fur was permanently hedgehog-spiked with dog spit. One of my favourite memories we never got pictures of was the dog eating leftovers out of this giant stew-pot, with the two kittens IN the pot eating right alongside him. I think he used to 'retrieve' them from it when they were full because they were too small to reach the edges and climb out.

That dog was so brainless I never really warmed up to him, but he luuuuurrrrved anything small and fluffy. I don't figure those cats would have lived without him.

Missy and Jake are adorable. They look to be around the same size they could be long, long, long lost siblings! Gorgeous pups too.

OLE! There were pictures of him and his kitties elsewhere here, I forgot which thread. Holey moley what a love!

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    They're about 8 years old and been here since they were tiny kittens, and one of them still hisses at everyone except my DIL.
    My uncle has a cat like that! He was better as a kitten, and then suddenly he became very hissy. He only likes my Uncle, and is hostile towards even my Aunt!
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Quote Originally Posted by tokolosh View Post
    We had an adult black retriever who had been the only family animal since his puppyhood. Then one day my brother brought home two tiny feral kittens, lord knows how young, but they still had those triangle tails and the little round ears . . . The dog almost went out of his mind with delight. We had to get them both emergency surgery for hernias and he never left the door we'd shut them behind until they could come out. Then he followed them around washing them so hard they couldn't get their chins off the floor and their fur was permanently hedgehog-spiked with dog spit. One of my favourite memories we never got pictures of was the dog eating leftovers out of this giant stew-pot, with the two kittens IN the pot eating right alongside him. I think he used to 'retrieve' them from it when they were full because they were too small to reach the edges and climb out.

That dog was so brainless I never really warmed up to him, but he luuuuurrrrved anything small and fluffy. I don't figure those cats would have lived without him.
    All smiles now from reading this!

Here are some pics of Taffy and Cassie. Where Cassie goes, Taff follows.

Last edited by ToBeEvergreen; 08-09-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

Quote Originally Posted by ToBeEvergreen View Post
    Missy and Jake are adorable. They look to be around the same size they could be long, long, long lost siblings!
    Ha ha! No, Jake and Missy aren't even close in size! Jake is 37# and Missy is 12#.

Everyones pics are wonderful!
    Forever in my heart...

My Male Sneakers (2.5yo) and My Female Becca (1yo) are Brother/Sister.
    They play/fight, and lay together through the day, and I can tell that
    they are totally in love with each other.

But, when bedtime comes, it's GET OUT OF MY SPACE !
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !