Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help

Please help

Princess is a 5 year old cat. In May I took her to the vet. She was under the weather. She was treated with an antibiotic and sent home. She did great for a month. On July 6, I had to take her back. She stopped eating 2 days prior. They admitted her for kidney failure. She has been in since. The first 2 days her BUM level and other levels improved. Day 3 no significant change. The vet said that they will change meds and see what happens. They claim there is still hope. Please help, is there hope, is she in pain, am I doing the right thing?

It all sounds quite scary, especially with such a young cat.

Find out what meds they are giving - is it pill form? What else is she having - sub q fluids?

Both of these can be done at home. I've done it. Do you think you could do it? Sometimes, having the cat back in their safe environment helps calm them and let healing begin.

Sad news

Vet just called. Princess went into cardiac arrest and did not make it. Thanks for all your help and prayers. Princess, I love and miss you.

Oh NO. I am so very, very sorry! Hugs to you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry to hear about Princess's passing.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh, my God. I am so very sorry. My very deepest sympathy to you and all who love Princess.

She is healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge now, waiting to be with you again, One Fine Day. She's with you in spirit always.

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh no! I was hoping for much better news. I'm so sorry that you lost your little Princess. She's free of all pain and suffering now and, hopefully, you will find peace soon.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so sorry to hear about Princess. RIP sweet girl. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

NO! How awful for you. I am so very sorry.

Oh. I am so sorry.

RIP Princess
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so very sorry. While her life was was too short, she was much loved.

I am ss to hear of the news. Sending my thoughts and prayers out to you during this difficult time.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

I hope you are coping with your loss okay and your friends are sympathetic. Sometimes other people don't understand how devastating the loss of one of our companion animals can be.

You did everything you could to help Princess. You took her to the vet right away when she was first sick, and again when she lost her appetite. We all wait a few days with loss of appetite because it almost always rights itself. Princess' condition was very serious and I'm sure the vet did everything they could to keep her systems from shutting down.

Mother Nature is a mean mother and is in final control. I've butted heads with her many times, trying to control when a sick pet dies and how (gently, at the vet's, in my arms) but have had to accept sometimes I've lost to her.

Pain control is uppermost in the minds of most vets these days and I feel confident they would have made sure Princess knew little of what was going on around her.

Do you have a photo you can post?

I'm so sorry about your little girl Princess.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

My Big Princess Angel was waiting there for your Princess with not only her Wings of Silver and Gold, but a tiara as well.
    It is a terrible thing to lose such a Dear Cat that young, but we know that your Princess will always love you and visit you , and will be there to see you again, as love that strong never dies.
    You will be together once more.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS