Thread: Alternative to Brushing Teeth

Alternative to Brushing Teeth

A friend suggested this. When I mentioned it to my vet yesterday, she said it works very well.

http://www.petzlife.com/catalog/oral...almon-oil.html

It comes in peppermint and salmon flavors.

You can get it at a good price on amazon.com

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thanks for the info, Sandi. I think I'll try it, since both of these pooches really need a dental but can't have it because of their heart murmurs, and they absolutely won't have anything to do with me brushing their teeth.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

This would be great for Zoee. She has nasty teeth. Not so bad she needs a dental visit.......yet. But this could prolong that as well. And Taggart would benefit from it as well. I'll have to see about getting a bottle and trying it out. Thanks!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

This is good stuff and it really does work! Plaque Off No brushing needed, just sprinkle on food.

Edit
    Contains only specially selected seaweed. Rich in natural iodine. Free from artificial colours, preservatives, gluten and sugar.

But not recommended for animals undergoing treatment for hyperthyroidism.
    Last edited by ChrisH; 08-04-2011 at 05:46 AM.

This would be great for my two. Dentals are so incredibly expensive I can't always afford to give them one. Molli's had to get them every year because her teeth are just horrible! Sam's never even had one.

Reviews sounds really good too!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Don't know that I want my dog ingesting some of those ingredients. I prefer a good old raw soup bone should mine be getting anything on their teeth.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Aren't grapes supposed to be poisonous to dogs? Would the same be true of "grape seed extract"? Just curious....
    C:\Documents and Settings\Ronald  Dickie\My Documents\dogs\New Folder\dog2\lilybelle.jpg[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

This would be good for my kitties. Both, we have tried different "dental diet" plans but their teeth are a little bad. The pups, not so much. They have bones to chew, and their choppers are white. It's good to be wary of the ingredients, as well as read testimonials from other owners...
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon_FL View Post
    Aren't grapes supposed to be poisonous to dogs? Would the same be true of "grape seed extract"? Just curious....
    No it is fine. I don't know all the technical ins and outs, just that many dog foods include it. It is from the seed, not the fruit. Maybe that's it.

I think I said this before but I wish they would come up with a product like this like for humans - LOL! Maybe chocolate flavored?

My dogs naturally clean their teeth, but I do have many friends who use with this great success. I would think on top of brushing, like it says (I believe every third day???) it does wonders.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*