Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exotic short hair

exotic short hair

Greetings, all. I am new to PT - having been introduced to the community and several members since my brother, Phred's, death last month.

A few years ago, my partner and I went to the local shelter in search of some new companions to fill the void left when our old cat, Geraldine, traveled over the Rainbow Bridge. One of the kitties we came home with we later learned was an exotic short hair, Lulu (she's primarily gray, black nose and mouth, with white paws and a wite patch on her belly - when I learn how to post pictures, I'll share some). I'm interested in others who may have one of these little bundles of fur (she's actually 9 years old now and a little rolly polly). When we were picking her out (her "smushed face" was what caught Mom2's attention, I believe), the attendant described her as a "cat with an attitude." She can definitely be aloof and stand-offish, but with both of us gone for the past 2 weeks (we have a cat sitter who attends to them at home), she now often won't let me out of her sight!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mom1

WELCOME TO PET TALK, MOM1!!!

Please accept my condolence on the loss of Phred. He was one great guy!

Hope to see more of you here on PT!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Hi Mom1, and welcome!

Sure would be easier with a photo (hint, we LOVE photos here on PT!)

Lulu missed you! Awww . . . . .

It is never easy to go "just" by color, pattern, or markings. Many different cat types can have the same colors.

Here is a link to info on cat colors:
    http://www.seregiontica.org/Colors/intro.htm

When you scroll down to the bottom, you can click on SOLID, TABBIES, etc. and see samples of the markings in many different cat types. This is why a photo will help determine her type.

Awww, definitely a case of "absence makes the heart grow fonder!" How is her breathing? Some "smushed face" kitties snore and can have breathing trouble just something to keep an eye out for.
    I've Been Frosted

Trying to post pictures

Okay - I've read Phred's "Posting Pictures 101" - unfortunately, he did it based on using a web based photo site - how do I do it from my personal folders? Or do I need to have them on a web based site in order to do this successfully? And if the answer is yes, what do you recommend? Looking for some help on this so that I can share some photos of the katkids.

Thanks for your help.

Mom1 (aka Nancy)

You can now make an album under your profile here on Pet Talk - upload the pictures there, and then you can post them to this or any thread. Under your "User Profile" look over to the right column, and a couple blocks down is "Albums" and it will walk you through it.
    I've Been Frosted

looking forward to seeing pics Nancy!
    nice to meet you!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Hi Mom1 and welcome to Pet Talk It's funny, I was just thinking of Phred today and my eyes filled with tears. He was so very loved here. I am so glad you decided to join us. I love the mush-faced kitties, they always look so grumpy and cute!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

No pics yet

Okay - MOM1 is getting closer - here's the other Katkid, Bibette. [Oops - didn't let me bring it in!!] I guess my pictures are too "big" to upload into the PT album. We'll work on the others that do include Lulu later.

OOPS - failed again. I have Bibette's picture in an album on my profile, but I couldn't bring it into this message. Times up - I need to move on to a trip to the grocery store. Maybe next time - or someone can help me with how to get from album into message!!!

Thanks for your patience. MOM1 and Katkids.

Welcome Mom1 and Mom2! You will find PetTalk a great place to share your pets.

Karen, I'm having same problem putting photos into my message. I managed to get as far as adding photos to the album but how to add them to message? In detail, please, I'm slow about this stuff. Thanks!

Okay, I've made a new thread - Albums and Picture Posting, and here's the link.
    I've Been Frosted

Bibette

adorable!!

once in your album.. I right clicked on the pic and selected copy image url.. then came to reply.. clicked on the add image icon and pasted the url I copied.. then submit reply as usual..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

she's beautiful!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

The one and only

Okay - here's goes again. I fixed the pictures so that they meet the size requirements for the album and now I'm going to bring them in (thank you all for your patience and assistance!!!).

Okay - not the best quality on some - but I'll keep working on it!!!

Enjoy - MOM1 and the Katkids

adorable squishy faces!!.. love em..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365