Thread: Corgi in need!

Corgi in need!

If you don't know what a Corgi looks like, just take a look at todays DOTD.

My friends mom passed away back in May and now on top of selling the house she must find a home for the 11 year old tri-color Corgi. They are in California. If anyone knows of a rescue or someone that might take him, please let me know. I'd like to help my friend with some of her stress. I'm also checking around for places myself.

Thanks!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Awww, I bet there's a Corgi rescue group - what part of California is she in, it's such a long state, I'm guessing there's more than one!

Ayup - there are three! See:

http://corgi.rescueshelter.com/California
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks Karen.
    I'm attaching a picture of BJ (its a girl, I was mistaken in the OP) and Faith the puppy. This is when Faith first joined the family.
    I just learned Faith has a home now. So it's only BJ that needs one.
    BJ has done a lot of herding. She is in good health and is spayed.
    A rescue is going to be a last resort. I'd really like to find her a good home to live out the rest of her days until she meets up with her mom at the Bridge again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 08-01-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh, they are in Northern California. Near Sacramento.

Good News!! I sent an email to the manager of the store at the shelter I volunteer with yesterday. She is very familiar with the breed and still has one Corgi now. It looks like she's going to take her. She couldn't stand the thought of this 11 year old girl being turned out like that. I think she is the PERFECT person to take her.
    I don't know if any of you remember last year I posted about her other Corgi, Cowboy, passing away. She is definitely a Corgi person. I'm so excited. But probably not as excited as she is. She has called me twice today trying to figure out what's going on.

Yay, sound perfect!
    I've Been Frosted

That's wonderful news! Poor thing probably misses human who passed away. I'm so glad corgi will have a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Good News!! I sent an email to the manager of the store at the shelter I volunteer with yesterday. She is very familiar with the breed and still has one Corgi now. It looks like she's going to take her. She couldn't stand the thought of this 11 year old girl being turned out like that. I think she is the PERFECT person to take her.
    I don't know if any of you remember last year I posted about her other Corgi, Cowboy, passing away. She is definitely a Corgi person. I'm so excited. But probably not as excited as she is. She has called me twice today trying to figure out what's going on.

That is great news. I am so happy for BJ.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Good luck in your new home BJ!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh, thank goodness! This broke my heart; such a sweet looking pup whose life got suddenly turned around through no fault of her own, or her family. If this doesn't work out, please let me know. I don't have Northern CA connections, but I do have a soft hearted friend in WA who has time to travel and just one small pup. I hadn't contacted him yet, but could probably pull his heartstrings.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Thank you all!! It's official, Anne is getting BJ. Now I'm just working on how to get them together.

So I took BJ to Anne's last night. On the way there she wanted to lay on the floor instead of the seat next to me. Which was fine, I let her. I figured she's gone through enough in the past few months and now she's being transported and taken away from her little sister.
    We got to Anne's and were in the front yard when Anne came to the door and greeted her by name. BJ pulled me up the steps to go see her. We walked into the house and she was so happy to see everyone (Anne's roommate and her mother/neighbor were there). We stayed in there for a while talking then went out to the backyard to meet Tucker and Charm. When Tucker first saw me she ran right past BJ to me like she didn't even see her. Then she went back and they had a little snarl, growl, bark fest at each other. A few more times when Tucker would get close to BJ she would "throw a fit" but BJ didn't do a thing. Then BJ was walking around and I could tell she was avoiding all eye contact with Tucker.
    Later in the house BJ wandered around from room to room. She brought out a frisbee type item from one of the bedrooms and wanted to play. She "talks" a lot (barks). And she was so happy she found a toy. So Anne showed her where the toy box was with all the dog toys (she has a lot since we work in a store that sells dog toys). BJ was in heaven!! Tucker, on the other hand, was completely bent out of shape. Tucker would run and grab a toy, just because BJ was going to get it. They had a couple more "arguements" over toys and later Tucker was lying under the coffee table (looking very irritated) like she was pouting.
    Anne emailed me this morning and told me last night went very well. BJ slept by the bed and Tucker slept on the bed for a while then went and found another place to sleep. Anne says BJ stood up to Tucker a couple of times and that once Tucker learns BJ is not going to back down (and that Anne still loves her just as much as she did before BJ came along) she will be fine.
    Tucker is going to work with her today at the shelter. And she said she might take BJ tomorrow. She also said Saturdays will be BJ's day to go to work with her since I am usually there on Saturdays. Anne is calling me BJ's god mother.
    I can't tell you how happy this has made a bunch of people and dogs. I'm so glad it has worked out so well and I hope it continues to work out this well.
    Whoa, sorry this is so long. I hope you didn't fall asleep.

Nope, didn't even yawn. I'm so glad things worked out so well.
    I hope Tucker & BJ both learn to trust each other better with time.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Nope, didn't even yawn. I'm so glad things worked out so well.
    I hope Tucker & BJ both learn to trust each other better with time.
    Hee hee, oh good. I don't need someone getting injured smacking their head as they fall asleep.

I am so happy this worked too. I found out last night that the puppy is in heat. So the boyfriend never got her spayed and didn't even bother to let my friend know she was in heat. But the person that took her is dealing with it very well.