Thread: Old Friends

Old Friends

I usually post in the dog section, but I had to share about an experience we had on vacation......If any of you are ever in the Lexington, Kentucky area, please visit a horse farm called Old Friends....It is a retirement facility for racehorses. Most of the horses they have there were rescued or bought to save them from slaughter....At one time, several of the horses we saw were worth millions of dollars, yet they had to be rescued from Japanese slaughter houses or a similar death here. They are beautiful, happy, and seem to know how lucky they are. I don't know much about horses, but evidently, stallions don't usually let people pet them and such....unpredictable, I guess, anyway, here, they have stallions who are just the friendliest, funniest horses. The oldest is 30, and the youngest is like 4 or 5. Barbaro's nephew is there, as is one of the horses who portrayed Seabiscuit in the movie. Anyway, it is run strictly on donations. They don't call themselves a rescue because some of the horses who live there are supported by their owners. It is a wonderful place! I'll try to post some pictures later.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Here is the link to the website....they are also on FB

http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

That is an amazing place. It must have be wonderful to visit there.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Wow it sounds just amazing. I wish more people could do this for animals. <3

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats