Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake Blueberries‏

Fake Blueberries‏

Fake blueberries in muffins, pancakes, cereal etc. Even Tim Horton muffins. Because it is cheaper.
    They're made entirely from sugar, corn cereal, modified food starch, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, artificial flavour, cellulose gum, salt and artificial colors like Blue #2, Red #40, Green #3 and Blue #1.

We know that real blueberries are full of antioxidents but look at what several BIG food companies are doing to make for huge profits. Quite the video!

Isn’t this something?
    Nothing but disregard and greed!

Who would have thought Kellogs or Betty Crocker products deceiving? Watch for yourself, they are killing us little by little.

http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=7EC06D...E7DA8483025962

"I'm Back !!"

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    And this is why I only buy plain cereal, and put on my own real fruit. As for blueberry muffins - It's only Dunkin Donuts for me !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Crikey!

Doesn't surprise me at all. We are basically being deceived by many products on the market here in the US. You literally have to read the find print on everything you buy. I buy a lot of foods in the natural foods section of the grocery store. I can't afford to eat totally organic but I do try to watch what I buy.

Thank you for posting this. I do read labels and cook from scratch so I'm unlikely, except at staff parties, to find myself eating fake fruit, but I've passed it on to a friend who admits she is very bad at reading labels and then panics when I point out what she's really eaten.

The whole scam makes you sick at heart although food industry scams have been going on for centuries and I guess fake fruit is less harmful than some fillers used in past centuries and what goes on in some other parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Crikey!
    Hahahahaaaa.....are you Steve Irwin's twin ????

"I'm Back !!"

I keep bags of frozen blueberries in the freezer. When I make pancakes or muffins, I just toss some in. I like making banana/blueberry smoothies. They taste lots better than fake ones for sure.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesn't surprise me. I LOVE Jiffy Blueberry Muffins but all you have to do is take one look at their little blueberry pellets to know there is really no blueberries in that. And the Pop Tarts didn't surprise me either, I mean who really thinks there are fruit in those sugar pucks? I am not a big fan of pop tarts.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

As someone with food allergies, I ALWAYS read ingredient labels before consuming anything. I love blueberries, just the real thing or me, thanks!
    I've Been Frosted

This really surprised me. I've never heard of fake blueberries. We live where the berries are abundant and the stores and restaurants buy them fresh from pickers and freeze them. If someone has a strong back and can spend hours in the bush they can make $50/ for a 6 litre basket out here. I would freeze some and also make preserves for the winter months. Some of my friends picked to sell them.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I read the ingredients on anything I put in my mouth. Rarely do I ever get processed food.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

If you think this is bad, you REALLY don't want to research Chicken McNuggets! *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    If you think this is bad, you REALLY don't want to research Chicken McNuggets! *shudder*
    Hey at least the first ingredient in Chicken McNuggets IS chicken, unlike those "blueberries."

White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning [autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil, dextrose, citric acid], sodium phosphates, natural flavor (botanical source).

Battered and breaded with: water, enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dextrose, corn starch.
    I've Been Frosted

I KNEW there was a reason I haven't been to McDonald's in like FOREVER!!!! Thanks for posting the video. It's definitely an eye opener!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!