Thread: English Bulldog Health Question

English Bulldog Health Question

My friend has an English Bulldog and he's under 2 years old. He has just begun to have head tremors. They did research online and it says it is a breed trait and usually comes on around his age.

Does anyone know anything about this or have experienced it before?

She is going to call the vet tomorrow, of course, but wanted to find out information from anyone that has first hand knowledge.

She has already had so many health issues with this guy in his young age, she is just stressed out about this new issue. He is her baby boy, as we all can understand.

Thanks in advance!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Not familiar with it. How worrisome!

If you do a search for head tremors in Bulldogs on youtube you get a good idea of what is going on. So sorry your friend is going through this as it looks rather scary and I would worry my poor little head off.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

I know this response is coming to you late, but I too experience these odd head tremors with my bulldog, BoVice. He has had them since he was approximately 2 and they can be disturbing to witness. The things to note are: is he focussing on an object when he has these tremors? Can he move or function while he has these episodes? Answering these two questions can help determine the severity of the attacks. If the dog is loosing consciousness, control of bowels and other voluntary actions, an MRI or cat scan may be advised to determine a tumor or neurological underlying problem. If none of these things are presenting, then you and I are in the same boat! I've found through my research and through many consultations with vets, that this is not a life-threading condition. You should however realize that these tremors are possibly being caused by electrical misfires I the brain. Ways to tell this problem is becoming more sever is to note how long the episodes last and how often they occur. I've found that talking to Bo and letting him lick me helps to "snap him out of it". If you notice these are getting longer and more frequent, you might want to consider the cat scan. Other symptoms include snapping at "imaginary" flies in the air, and chasing their tail in a very slow circle(usually in the same direction everytime). These are very serious observations and would require more extreme steps to determine the neurological inadequasies. Hope this helped!