Thread: A Friend, His Bird and the News

A Friend, His Bird and the News

One of my longest and Dearest friends was on the news. I have posted pictures before of Sheena and her feathered Friend Abby. Well Abby has gotten popular enough to hit the news.

Click on the image to see the video. I am so proud to be able to call these two my friends.

2. Awww thats so sweet! i love when they kiss in the end LOL

thats pretty cool that hes a friend of yours to boot

We have been friends since high School. I have been very impressed how dedicated he was to learning about the type of bird he wanted and continues to learn. Abby gets the best of care. Brian is single and his favorite joke is why does he need a woman when Abby nags him enough. He is really an awsome guy though. A single dad who has raised his son himself and very dedicated to his bird and his friends.

You should tell him to nominate her for Pet of the Day!
    I've Been Frosted

lol Brian is not an internet person. He is not a fan of computers in general. Which is funny because his teenage son is the complete opposite. If I ever needed a computer fixed he would easily be able to solve just about any problem.

Oh, what a great story! I love it!

How nice that they are such good friends of yours, too.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLJ View Post
    lol Brian is not an internet person. He is not a fan of computers in general. Which is funny because his teenage son is the complete opposite. If I ever needed a computer fixed he would easily be able to solve just about any problem.
    Still, his son could do the nomination - maybe as a surprise for his dad!
    I've Been Frosted

I honestly was scared of all large birds before meeting Abby. Their beaks are very intimidating. But Abby loves EVERYONE. She loves to cuddle. She will walk into your lap and position herself so her head is under your chin and then lift a wing for your to massage under it. She even adores Sheena. I have never met a bird that size as friendly as her. Though I can admit I have not met many.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Still, his son could do the nomination - maybe as a surprise for his dad!
    I will facebook his son and see what he thinks.

She is beautiful!! And he seems like a great guy too. So cool!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

11. Thats such a breath of fresh air. lot of peoples mistakes is they buy their pet/s first before they read a danged thing one about them. then only when they run into a problem or two do they finally read about the type of pet/s they have.

even from the video i thought he seemed like a great guy. im shocked hes single. must be a lot of blind people where he lives LOL

When it comes to people asking about Abby and if they mention they want a bird he has no problem telling them the good and the bad about owning a bird. His son has a small bird too and is just as educated about them.

As for being single he went through a bad marriage and divorce. He took over sole care of his son from a young age. I think he is now leary of getting into a serious relationship. He does date but nothing serious in a long time.