Thread: Anyone feed Eagle Pack?

Anyone feed Eagle Pack?

I just got home from a tour of a new kennel that we will be bringing Mikey to, and I can say I am in love with the place! They only feed eagle pack, unless your dog will NOT eat anything else or is on a special diet. I've looked into this before but it's hard to find a store around here that sells this kind of food. The kennel sells it! So that made me very happy as well. I'm just curious to know if anyone feeds it and how much it is? Also, what you think of it?

Here's a Website:
    http://eaglepack.com/

I've looked into it before and it seems good to me. I'm not THAT knowledgeable about dog food though.

Thanks!

I haven't heard of Eagle Pack, although I looked at the ingredients on their website.

It appears to have no byproducts, which is great. However, I noticed yellow corn is the second and third ingredient in most of the formulas. I personally try to avoid grain at all, but if it does have grain, stick with the brown rice and oatmeal type stuff. Corn is just a starchy filler IMO.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Dogs cannot digest corn, so there is no nutritional value in it.

You can always use this site as a starting point w/ foods -
    http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

I can never remember where you are, Alicia (Canada?) But in the US, you can get good prices on here:
    www.doggiefood.com

Here's a typical adult food
    Pork Meal, Ground Yellow Corn, Ground Brown Rice, Ground White Rice, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Beet Pulp, Anchovy & Sardine Meal, Oatmeal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Flaxseed, Wheat Germ Meal, Dried Egg Product, Potassium Chloride, Carrots, Peas, DL-Methionine, Vitamins [Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin], Minerals [Zinc Polysaccharide Complex, Iron Polysaccharide Complex, Manganese Polysaccharide Complex, Copper Polysaccharide Complex, Cobalt Carbonate, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite], Choline Chloride, Dried Kelp, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Inulin, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract.

I see too much corn
    ...too much rice
    ...the animal digest by-product is broken down by scientific name to hide it (enterococcus faecium is poop)
    ...beet pulp and yucca are controversial
    ...much of this fermentation product is like the leftover sludge from making beer and other things that DO NOT need to be in dog food. Aspergillus niger is black mold used to make citric acid. It can also be used to make things like Beano. They probably add this to keep the dog from getting gassy eating this garbage.
    ...concentrated amount of anchovys can cause domoic acid poisoning, this acid is a neurotoxin, so anchovy meal might not be so great

All in all, I would NOT feed this to my animals
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I would never feed Eagle Pack, however they do make Holistic Select which isn't AS bad as regular Eagle Pack... no corn. Lol
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

The holistic just removes corn and adds alfalfa. A poor ingredient for a poor ingredient. They're definately trying to rip people off by making them think the holistic is better.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

At one time Eagle Pack was what I fed my dogs (can no longer afford it), they did really well on it and I was pleased.