Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My sick kitty

Thanks Lizzie

Yes, while in the hospital she is on fluids and I am now up to date on all these words....all are still high. My question is how long will she need to be in the hospital? I want to bring her home! Also, how often will she need to be seen after she is home?

I've just realized we might be talking about the wrong condition. We are talking about Chronic Renal Failure, which is often seen in older cats and comes on very gradually, although cats don't show it until they have lost about 70% of their kidney function and then the symptoms become acute.

There is also Acute Renal Failure. Is this what your Princess has? Even though this condition is more serious, having your vet say she has a good chance is definitely good news. All the vets I've worked with have been extremely careful not to sound positive unless they are as sure as they can be that the pet will get well.

Do you know what medications Princess is on? If it's acute renal failure, do they think it was caused by an infection? Is she on antibiotics? Are they trying to balance her electrolytes by giving potassium etc. with her fluids?

They will be giving her continuous iv fluids I should think, and that's the very best method because it provides a constant flushing of toxins out of the body and helps the kidneys to keep functioning. You give subq fluids anywhere from once a week to twice a day and the fluids take some time to get through the system.

sad news

Vet called and stated that Princess went into cardiac arrest and did not make it. I love you Princess and miss you!

I am so sorry to hear about Princess's passing. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge girl.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

oh that is just awful ,poor wee princess, must have been quite a shock for you, you have my utmost deepest sympathy, it is so hard when we loose one of our precious furbabies, HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am so sorry Sue! I know what it is like to lose a beloved companion. I hope you will know she is watching over you and is now playing, and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge. You and she will be reunited, One Fine Day.

(((((((HUGS))))) to you!

I saw your other message in Cat Memorial. I am SO VERY SORRY.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP sweet Princess. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

What a terrible shock for you, especially when Princess was still young and the vet positive she could pull through. I'm sorry for all the pain and loss you feel. Try to remember the good times you had together.

Godspeed, little Princess.....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

11. So very sorry about your sweet Princess.

So very sorry. She knew love and the best of care with you.

My eyes are leaking big time! Play hard at the Bridge, sweet girl.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!