Thread: Missing Meow

Missing Meow

I need some advice. My human has lost her meow! She hasn't meowed since yesterday morning. She can still go sniff and kuf kuf kuf and ah-CHOO and make a tissue go HONK!, but meow she can't - not to me, not in the shower, not on the phone, not even when she turns on the machine that makes sounds and makes her walk around all funny. That almost always makes her meow.

I looked in her backpack, the boiler room, the kitchen cabinets, and under the bed, but I don't think it's there. Has your human ever misplaced her meow? Where did she leave it? I'm stumped!

Love, Smudge

Oh, Smudge, your mommy's meow is just hiding, that's all. Some nasty germies came and scared it away. Snuggle mom - that helps scare the germies away, and then I bet her meow will come back not long after, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

Hey Smudge! Sasha here! I know what you're saying.... my meowmy lost her meower a few weeks ago. It's back now, but still a little scratchy. But she keeps telling me it's because of the darn koff that won't go away. She lays around a lot, and she sleeps more than usual. I'm really worried, since this has been going on for a month now.

I hope your meomom gets her meower back soon! My meowmom went to the doctor and got some medicine. The first one didn't work good, so she got another one and had to go to the hospital and have a machine take a look at her chest. They said nothing is there... she said I guess like in my head! Whatever that means.

Lay with her and make her feel betters. I love to lay with my meowmom and she says it makes her feel better. Please give your meowmon headbumpies and whisker kissies from me too! Love, Sasha
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Hey Smudge! Haven't heard from you in a while! So sorry to hear your Meowmie is having Meow trouble. I agree, snuggles are in order and should help. You take care and snuzzle Meowm and I'm sure everything will work out just fine. Good to hear from you! Love, Pinot.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Do not worry Smudge , we know that your humans white coats will fix your Meeowmie up , and that she will be as right as rain soon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Nurse Smudge ~ Write your human a prescription for tons of kitty purrs and cuddles. That'll help you both feel better about things unti her meower comes back.

Now, don't be concerned if she sounds a little strange at first. When my human's meow started to come back, she thought she sounded like Demi Moore. Personally, I think she sounded more like Ernest Borgnine, but I kept that thought to myself...............

Nurse Pepper
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Awww, Smudge! What a terrific nurse you are-- I'll share my food lady's nursing license with you! The sniff and ah-choo should go away soon and her meow will come back. Kitty purrs are good medicine. This has happened to my food lady recently and she sounded like a croaky frog when it started to come back. She drank a lot of liquid from her cup with a kitty on it. That really helped. It was hot liquid, not like the cool water she puts out for me. My food lady and I are sure your meowmie's meow will be back soon

Purrs and headbumpies,
    Cassie
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Smudge, whenever I lose my meow and do the kof kof and HONK thing, my boys know just what to do. They curl up on me or next to me wherever I am and start to purr. Works every time! There's no better medicine than Kitty Love!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I bet it's in the Dreamtime. We'll go there nice and early and spend a nice long night there. Humans lose stuff all the time, and it turns up in the Dreamtime. I have a good nose and very sensitive ears - while she's doing confusing stuff that I don't understand, I'll snoop around. I know her meow better than anybody else - if anybody can find it, it's me.

Thank you for all your good advice!'

Love, Smudge.

Hi Smudge,
    I'm sorry to hear that your Meowmie lost her meow. It sounds like she might have a cold, when my Meowmie and Soncat start doing strange things like koff and then keep getting pieces of paper from a small box to put on their nose then throw it away. Give her lots of purrs, headbumpies, and snuggles then she'll be her own self in no time. It works for me!

Your friend,
    Groucho

PS: Please let us know how your Meowmie is doing?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Well, she got her voice back, but it sounds more like a goose honking! She's not making the other noises so much any more, and feeling much better.

Sometimes I get confused, not knowing what to do, but I love having a human to take care of. I just wish all of the cats in the world could have humans.

Love, Smudge.