Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catmobilers: More Midwest fun??!!!

Catmobilers: More Midwest fun??!!!

As if we aren't already busy enough... let's see...

Canada Day, July 1 in Hamilton, Ontario!
    More Chicago baseball!..
    U.S. Independence Day, July 4, where, Chicago???
    In other words, a long weekend with bagpipes playing to Fireworks!!!!!
    What more?....

Now the World-Renowned Feline Pipers and Dancer have been invited to be the featured STAR performers at the Saline Celtic Festival, next Friday and Saturday, July 8-9...

From the web site (http://www.salineceltic.org/):
    "Join us for one of the most anticipated Celtic festivals in southeast Michigan! Just 45 minutes from downtown Detroit, Saline Michigan hosts 2 days of Celtic music and dance entertainment, workshops, sporting events, and much more for the whole family!"

This festival draws bagpipers and Celtic dancers from all around the world (well, all around Michigan, anyway)!

Events include a Highland Dance Competition (now, doesn't this have Sparkler's name written all over it?) and several piping concerts and competitions.. not to mention jousting competitions, a herding dog demonstration, a waulking (?) demonstration.. AND ... the 5th Annual "Mr. Pretty Legs in Kilt" Competition!!!!!

The festival normally takes place at Mill Pond Park in Saline. However, what with the expected crowd surge for the Feline Bagpipers and Dancer, arrangements have been made to have the Feliners perform in the University of Michigan Stadium (capacity 109,901 humans and who knows how many cats?.. [in case of overflow, additional facilities with giant-screen broadcast will be provided at Crisler Arena next door])!!!

Come one, come all!!!!!! Let us know when and where the Catmobile will be picking you up!
    Last edited by phesina; 07-01-2011 at 05:52 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Cassie can take Amtrak up to Detroit on Friday. Will that work?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hmmmm, could this be why our Quartet and dancer have been borrowing our CDs and asking for sheet music?

The festival sounds like a lot of fun. Will the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe have a stand there?

Groucho has a case in Cat Court today so there's no way of knowing when he'll be done. I'm sure he'll be on his cell phone with Inka then with Pinot and Cassie as soon as he sees this.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Cassie can take Amtrak up to Detroit on Friday. Will that work?
    Cassie, the train from Chicago to Detroit stops in Ann Arbor on the way! Why don't you get off there, and you can hang out with us while the Artistes rehearse.. Won't that be fun? We would love to have you here!

On Friday we can then go with the Catmobile to pick up all the kitties coming into Detroit from around the world. Then it's off to Saline!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hmmmm, could this be why our Quartet and dancer have been borrowing our CDs and asking for sheet music?

The festival sounds like a lot of fun. Will the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe have a stand there?

Groucho has a case in Cat Court today so there's no way of knowing when he'll be done. I'm sure he'll be on his cell phone with Inka then with Pinot and Cassie as soon as he sees this.
    Of course the Haggis in a Hurry Shoppe will have a stand at the Festival! And not only that, they will be doing the concessions at Michigan Stadium for the Bagpipes and Dancer performance!
    Death thought about it.

The Found Cats are so pleased that so many Pets and Pet Angels could make it to the Kings Buffet!!
    I got a dozen Chicken Wings to go so all can share in your bcak yrad.

We are All Looking Forward to a Great Fourth of July as you Americans can really Party Hardy!!
    YAHHOOOOO!
    Last edited by catmandu; 07-09-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Cassie, the train from Chicago to Detroit stops in Ann Arbor on the way! Why don't you get off there, and you can hang out with us while the Artistes rehearse.. Won't that be fun? We would love to have you here!

On Friday we can then go with the Catmobile to pick up all the kitties coming into Detroit from around the world. Then it's off to Saline!
    That will work great! I'll send her with samples from Taste of Chicago in her blue bag.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Just got a text from the boys: Having a great time! Will be home in few days. Have a Happy 4th!

Well, as long as they're having a good time.....
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    The Found Ctas are so pleased that so many Pets and Pet Angels could make it to the Kings Buffet!!
    I got a dozen Chicken Wings to go so all can share in your bcak yrad.

We are All Looking Forward to a Great Fourth of July as you Americans can really Party Hardy!!
    YAHHOOOOO!
    My gang are having SUCH a great time in Hamilton celebrating Catada Day! Sydney in particular is so happy to be spending the holiday weekend with his beloved Scrappy 2 in PURRSON !

Next it's on to Chicago for the 4th, isn't it? When are the other baseball games?
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    That will work great! I'll send her with samples from Taste of Chicago in her blue bag.
    Excellent! We are all looking forward to Cassie's arrival and sampling some Tastes of Chicago.

Any other kitties who'd like to hang out in Ann Arbor with us before the Saline Celtic Festival are welcome to come visit, too! We're all sure Meowmie can come up with whatever food and accommodations are needed.

Death thought about it.

So much for my telling Pinot she HAD to be home on the Fourth!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

We all had a ball in Chicago, the pipers playing the Star Spangled Banner and Sparkler dancing as spectacular fireworks exploded in the sky.

We can't wait to welcome all our friends again for the Saline Celtic Festival this weekend! And any of you who want to come early, as Cassie is doing, are welcome to stay here and hang out with us. There is plenty of room for you all and plenty of food on hand (we are sure Meowmie will take care of all that as needed).

Do let us know when and where the Catmobile should be picking you up.. it will of course be making the rounds of Detroit Metropolitan Airport and all the train stations along the Chicago-Detroit route and farther...
    Death thought about it.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=168509

Dear Catmobile Kitties -- My meowmom would like to know if you could please ask your humans to think a good thought for this kitty and Malibu's Mom, who she picked to be her food lady, maternity nurse and guardian for right now. Malibu's Mom had a kitty come to her porch. Turns out she is pregnant. She was hungry, and Malibu's Mom gave her food and water and took her to the d-o-c. Now she is inside Malibu's Mom's house vs. still on the porch.

I don't know what Malibu or her siblings think of the guest kitty. But she is going to be a mommy cat, she needed their meowmie's help and she got it. Cassie had a litter of kittens before I adopted her, and a family did much the same thing for her and the kittens. So -- could you all please have your people think a good thought, or maybe say a prayer that everything will go okay with the birth, and that the kitties will go to loving homes afterward. My meowmom thinks kitties should have a chance of going to forever homes. Or at least living at shelters where they may be petted, loved on, played with and cared about by the staff and volunteers. This mommy cat to be is a PT Kitty for now, so we appreciate all of you joining in for this.

Thank you Purrs and Head Bumpies, and soft mews...
    Cassie Cat and Elyse

I sure will, guys! I read Malibu Mom's post and I am sending up prayers and good wishes for this little lady and her babies. The boys texted me that they are thinking of her, too.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I read Malibu Mom's post too, and my gang and I are all saying our prayers and sending out our good wishes and warm energies for a safe and comfortable birth for the babies and wonderful loving homes for them all.

The pipers and dancer plan to dedicate their Saline Celtic Festival performance to the well-being of these kitties.
    Death thought about it.