Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Hannah!

Meet Hannah!

This is Hannah, she's a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Beagle mix. I took her in about 3 weeks ago, when she was scheduled that morning to be euthanized by the local sheriff because her hold time was up (small town, we don't have animal control out here). Her previous owners let her run loose after she was born part of a stray litter, and then finally dumped her off at the police station when they no longer wanted her.

She's 10-11 months old, and I had her vaccinations done, and she's been spayed and microchipped. She was also HW tested and tested negative, whew! She's currently being fostered, but she is just so perfect in every single way, it won't be my fault if she decides to stay permanently *innocent face*.

Pics!

Bo and Hannah by Fetcharoo, on Flickr

Hannah and Monkey by Fetcharoo, on Flickr

Hannah by Fetcharoo, on Flickr

That's all!

Wow! LOVED your pictures, esp. #10 of Hannah jumping in the pool! Wow again! Thanks a gazillion for saving your gorgeous girl! I'm sure she'll repay you more than a gazillion times over (and probably already has). Hugs to all of you!

I've been Boooo'd!

She is spectacular!!

Looking forward to many more pictures

Welcome Hannah! You're such a pretty girl!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

She's precious! I love the picture of her lying on the grass and the one of her jumping out of the pool! I could just slug whoever decided to let her run loose and then dump her. Hannah, you are in very good foster-care! (or maybe forever-care -- fingers crossed!)

Edited at 11:20 PM to add--- Post #1, 7th picture down -- Hannah, cute froggie-dog legs! The newest 2 pictures- look at how long her legs are! The ones of her jumping out of her pool made me laugh right out loud! But #1, the 4th picture from the bottom made my eyes all leaky. Hannah, I hope you will always be beautiful, healthy, strong and happy!! Your mom might give you one (or more) of these for me... we hoomins like to give them: *kiss*.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 06-29-2011 at 11:23 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm guessing whoever guessed her parentage is wrong, as neither Ridgebacks or Beagles typically have the black and tan coloring. I'd say Miniature Pinscher is way more likely, if they knew what her mom was Beagle ... she's no way near big enough to be half Rhody ...

In any case, she gorgeous and looks like a very very happy shiny pup!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I'm guessing whoever guessed her parentage is wrong, as neither Ridgebacks or Beagles typically have the black and tan coloring. I'd say Miniature Pinscher is way more likely, if they knew what her mom was Beagle ... she's no way near big enough to be half Rhody ...

In any case, she gorgeous and looks like a very very happy shiny pup!
    If you look closely, especially in the 11th picture, you can see the ridge.

Actually her parentage is pretty spot on, very tiny town, and the sheriff and others at the town hall know the people that owned her. They own her parents, and the parents of her parents. Mom is a Catahoula Cur/Rhodesian Ridgeback, and dad is a hunting Beagle. From Hannah's litter, she was literally the only one to come out black and tan, I was told. All the others were perfect Catahoula Cur coloration, with a Ridgeback ridge on them. The guy that picks up the strays has her brother from the same litter, and he's dead-on Catahoula Cur in color, but smaller at about 35-40lbs, and has a Ridgeback ridge on him like Hannah (who has an awesome Ridgeback ridge as well).

So, overall, she's not half Rhodesian, as her mom was only half. She's really half Beagle, which accounts for her smaller size, I'm assuming. I'm not really worried about her breed, to me she's just a super awesome mutt.

A couple more pics, though they don't show her ridge well. I absolutely *love* her ridge, I like to run my fingers thru it, LOL!

I need to take some pics of her in her new collar. I hated the red temp collar, and bought her a beautiful girly flower collar, and a new sparkly heart charm to go with it.

Okay, that explains it, being only 1/4 Ridgeback would definitely help account for her much smaller size and build, and as the other half of her mom's genes is "Catahoula Cur" the cur part means "who the heck knows," really, so her black and tan coloring could be a throw back to somewhere further back on the family tree!
    I've Been Frosted

She's adorable and I love all of her pictures. Thanks so much for saving her.

What a cool looking dog with a great big smile! Her previous owner clearly doesn't know how to appreciate a great dog. Rhodys are very common around where I live; its not uncommon to find a mutt with a ridge here. Earlier in the 2000's it seemed like there was an explosion of poorly bred rhodys coming into the dog park and many owners said the breeder was from northern Wisconsin.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Oh, she is beautiful! I am hoping she stays with you, because I'd love to see more pictures of her!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

She's awful cute but there is no ridgeback or beagle in there. She looks like a kelpie mix to me.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Welcome Hanna.. You are of such Stunning Beauty.. Congrats on your new home.. Yes I can already see this is your new home..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>