Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look what I did. Confession and Explanation #29

Look what I did. Confession and Explanation #29

I rescued a 5 year old orange male bobtail (Little Man now Bob) and a 13 year old Calico female (Fat Lady now Emily). They are in my spare bathroom at this moment so there aren't any problems with mine. I can't take them to the store for adoption until the vet sees them and I can't get an appt until Monday.

Sam and spunky as a bit put out by this. Sam seems to be coming around faster than Spunky. Spunky did let me touch him so that's good. Jane doesn't really care.

The back story:

The lady that had them was at her wit's end (has a Boston Terrier she's trying to relocate also.) and is getting a job that requires travel. She;'s not home much right now.

She had put the male cat out on the porch a few days ago. In a moment of weakness I said I would take them. I couldn't stand to think of indoor cats thrust outside.

I'm not making any judgments; it's just not something that I would do.
    Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 07-16-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

So for the moment, you are fostering Bob and Emily, huh? Good luck with that, he hee.

Hope we get to "see" them soon!

LOL

I'll probably have to keep Emily since she's 13. Bob is probably adoptable. He's dog friendly and very cuddly. Right now he's scared silly, but hopefully that will change.

I've had them less than two hours.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

With all due respect, I hope you fail miserably at fostering!!!!! I have and have 7 rescues to show for it!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I do not need 5 cats. However, Sam and Spunky are not so mad at me now. Seeing the carriers might have stressed them out, too. Spunky let me play with him and feed him so this is good.

The calico threw up in her carrier and needs to be washed. The spare bathroom is small, so this won't be fun. I do have some wipes. Sigh.
    Anne

I too hope you fail miserably at fostering and we'll see pics and hear sweet stories soon. So far, you've done good!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I don't want you to fail at fostering, if they are adoptable, that's a good deed done! Hopefully Emily will be more comfortable as the day goes on, the vomiting may have just been nerves, poor old gal! Bless you for taking them in!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't want you to fail at fostering, if they are adoptable, that's a good deed done! Hopefully Emily will be more comfortable as the day goes on, the vomiting may have just been nerves, poor old gal! Bless you for taking them in!
    Thank you, Karen. i know y'all mean well, but I know my personal limit.

The fosters are still in the bathroom. The kitty gang is back to normal and handling stuff well.

Emily had eaten macaroni from the garbage (not in my place). My cats won't eat garbage so she must have been hungry. I bought some holistic select canned to help with sour tummies. She chowed down on the canned food. Bob took a few minutes to investigate before eating.

I'll try to get back with pictures later. I can't let them out until they are vetted.
    Anne

Here are two pix of them. I got one clear picture of Emily. The rest are blurred.

Emily

Bob
    Anne

Awww, welcome kitties. You've landed yourselves with a nice lady, take advantage of all the loving while you can!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for being able to take them in. They're both adorable. I was watching "Cat's 101" tonight and they had the American Bobtail breed on and they said that they're very popular right now. They also said that they're so popular that there's a waiting list for them so I would think that Bob should be able to find a home very quickly. Emily doesn't look 13 to me and hopefully she's in good health and will also be able to find the purrfect loving home too. Good luck.

How nice of you to take them in. The Calico is my personal favorite and she's beautiful but I love orangies, too. Aw, what am I saying? I love 'em all! Calico girl may be 13 but she doesn't look it and I'm sure she has a lot of good years left. Good luck w/finding a home for the orangie. If he's as lovable as you say, it probably won't be a problem.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh, they're both beautiful! Thank you and God bless you for taking them in.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hooray! Thanks for changing the title, I came straight in to check the photos.

Emily is darling, such a lovely lady. Handsome Bob should place in no time!

Please deliver chin rubs from me!

And she can let you know when she is hungry. I set out a 3 oz can of food (there are two bowls of dry food, also) and she ate the whole thing herself. I had to put out a larger can of food split between the two of them.

Vet visit tomorrow afternoon. Pray they are healthy.
    Anne