Thread: Luna and Sheena got a pool today

Luna and Sheena got a pool today

The weather here has been getting hot. Finally, on a consistant basis. Luna loves to lay out on the decks and bask in it. She will get very toasty and then come in an lay on the hard wood and cool off. Sheena will only stay out in it for a little while and then is in the cool house. Sheena LOVES pools. But ever since I moved to this city almost 2yrs ago she has not had a pool to play or dig in. So today they were on really cheap at Canadian Tire and since Doug works there and gets a discount we got them their pool for $10. Sheena as you can see by the pictures dived right in. Luna on the other hand is being very curious but has not stepped in yet.

More to come

Luna would try to get things out without getting her paws in the pool. She would lean way over till she would almost fall in. She will even stick her snout in to get at things and keep it under for several seconds. But she will not yet put more then one paw in the pool even with Sheena jumping in and out all on her own to play.

Here she is with her whole snout in the water

Time to dry off

I figure in a few days she will be jumping in and out like Sheena does. At least that is our hope.

Oh it looks like so much fun. I can't get over how TALL Luna is now!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

She turned 6 months on Monday and is almost as tall as Sheena. And her coat is so soft.

Aww, that looks like fun! I'm hoping to go get my pups a pool this weekend. Theirs from last summer broke into pieces (with some help from Taggart, of course). Zoee loves getting in, Taggart not so much. Then again, they are used to my mom's BIG pool at her house.

I wish I could come play with Sheena and Luna!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Cute! Luna is huge now, pretty girl!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

So cute, Luna looks like she is not too sure about the pool at all. I took Tip to a doggie daycare this week and they had a pool. He's never been in a pool before. He was leaning in so far trying to check the water out that he fell in. He got out of that pool so fast it was funny. He's not too sure about the water either.
    I've Been Frosted!

Thanks all. Luna almost fell in too. She is too curious to ignore Sheena having fun. But to her it is like a giant water dish and she is not allowed to play in the one in the house. She will figure it out I am sure. lol

How fun! My dogs have a baby pool too, they love it!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)